• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

You don't know that. At this point in the draft if there's someone you like you take them. 

No, at this point you should be taking the BPAs not projects. Miami took Kamara one pick after us. They have edge guys but you don’t worry about that. If you are taking need on day 3, you are wasting the pick. You take Tre Smith over a long snapper. Heck, I would have been happy taking the TE from Arizona or T from Texas because they are great value picks at this point. Maybe you don’t need them but injuries happen and maybe they become future starters for Moton or great for two TE sets.

I know that I and many others in here would have drafted better than we have lately. Hubbard, who is now being replaced for the 3rd year in a row is our only day 3 pick since 2017 (Butker starting for KC) that has done anything. Let’s not act like this scouting department and GM have any history of finding diamonds in the rough by going need based.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, WhoKnows said:

No, at this point you should be taking the BPAs not projects. Miami took Kamara one pick after us. They have edge guys but you don’t worry about that. If you are taking need on day 3, you are wasting the pick. You take Tre Smith over a long snapper. Heck, I would have been happy taking the TE from Arizona or T from Texas because they are great value picks at this point. Maybe you don’t need them but injuries happen and maybe they become future starters for Moton or great for two TE sets.

I know that I and many others in here would have drafted better than we have lately. Hubbard, who is now being replaced for the 3rd year in a row is our only day 3 pick since 2017 (Butker starting for KC) that has done anything. Let’s not act like this scouting department and GM have any history of finding diamonds in the rough by going need based.

The problem with your premise is you don't know what their board looks like right now. Believe it or not NFL teams don't go by a Mel Kiper big board.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, PantherKyle said:

i love internet forums

Dude, just read the draft threads in here.

I mean can you legitimately say we’ve drafted well from 2018-2023? Have we made good trades. I mean it’s comical when people say you can’t do better than professionals but we’ve been terrible and the huddle has absolutely picked better players than our team has. Lol at you trying to make it look like our recent drafting has been competent at all.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

The problem with your premise is you don't know what their board looks like right now. Believe it or not NFL teams don't go by a Mel Kiper big board.

SMH, how has our board done with the current scouting crew in recent years?

My premise is valid because we’ve seen good guys drop for any number of reasons and we typically don’t adjust our draft board for people who drop.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we had a good chance at some talent that dropped and we’ll regret it. I liked getting the 2nd next year, but wish we stayed put and took Brooks at 52. I think the fact that no RBs went between 46 and round 4 shows that our worries were unfounded and then we’d have had a couple more picks to grab a couple of Kamara, Jones, Washington and/or McLahlin (butchered likely) plus Chau.

Loved Sanders in the 4th but very meh on XL trade up and Trevin.

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Lol...nothing wrong with his premise

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

The best ones are the comment that they've never heard of him but compare him to some other underperforming player. How do you know that if you've never heard of the guy? I swear I think people do not listen to the words coming out of their mouth. 

Captain is the go-to undersized DB fans of this fanbase refer to when they see anyone under 5'11.  They don't realize how high a percentage of corners in this league are in fact 5'11 and under and how variable they can be that play box heavy/in the slot.  

Not to mention Captain peaked pre-defensive modernization where 5-6 DB subpackages took over.  

Just now, Bear Hands said:

Captain is the go-to undersized DB fans of this fanbase refer to when they see anyone under 5'11.  They don't realize how high a percentage of corners in this league are in fact 5'11 and under and how variable they can be that play box heavy/in the slot.  

That would require some critical thinking. That's a rare commodity these days. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

SMH, how has our board done with the current scouting crew in recent years?

My premise is valid because we’ve seen good guys drop for any number of reasons and we typically don’t adjust our draft board for people who drop.

I hope I’m wrong but I think we had a good chance at some talent that dropped and we’ll regret it. I liked getting the 2nd next year, but wish we stayed put and took Brooks at 52. I think the fact that no RBs went between 46 and round 4 shows that our worries were unfounded and then we’d have had a couple more picks to grab a couple of Kamara, Jones, Washington and/or McLahlin (butchered likely) plus Chau.

Loved Sanders in the 4th but very meh on XL trade up and Trevin.

The Legette trade was a very smart move fiscally. We didn't give up much and got a 5th year option. You are correct that under our previous regime our drafting was putrid. But I'm not going to judge this current staff before the team has even taken the field. I really do understand being hesitant to trust given our recent history but I'm choosing remain cautiously optimistic until I see reason not to be.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

The Legette trade was a very smart move fiscally. We didn't give up much and got a 5th year option. You are correct that under our previous regime our drafting was putrid. But I'm not going to judge this current staff before the team has even taken the field. I really do understand being hesitant to trust given our recent history but I'm choosing remain cautiously optimistic until I see reason not to be.

The entire current GM/scouting folks have been here with Fitterer for a few years. We just chopped Fitterer and promoted the assistant GM.

I’m hoping it’s different but after seeing some of the talent dropping (this is a good and deeper draft than usual), I’d rather have XL with no 5th year and Jones or Kamara for 4 years.

Top 30 Private Visits (19 confirmed)

Brenden Rice – WR, USC

Caelen Carson - CB, Wake Forest

Jase McClellan - RB, Alabama

Shrine/Senior Bowl/Combine/Pro Day Formal interviews

Malik Washington – WR, Virginia

Jaden Crumedy – DT, Mississippi State

Blake Larson – T, Augustana (SD)

Clay Fields – CB, Chattanooga

Elijah McAllister – EDGE, Auburn

Trey Taylor – FS, Air Force

UPDATED