• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cornerback

I hope Horn can stay healthy. (I have his jersey.) He is an elite talent when he is healthy. What’s the plan though, do we roll with Horn and a 5th round pick? Are we going to sign Gilmore? This has to be our worst position based off of the injury concerns. 

I noticed that we did not seem to be too worried about CB, although I really like the CBs we added (draft and undrafted signings).  However, we can't go into the season with an injury prone CB, a 33-year old nickel, and a free agent, former seventh rounder.  Even if Gilmore is used sparingly until we have an injury to Horn or Jackson, we need another veteran. We also have Bootle, who is a 27-year old veteran who played pretty well last year. I think both Willie Drew and Smith-Wade have a good chance of making the roster, and I don't think rolling with six CBs is ridiculous in this day and age.

Morgan was focused on Offense and, as you recall, pounded the table for Dane Jackson in Buffalo in round seven.  He seems to have found a pair of gems yesterday, but they take time.  They fit a "type" (good tackling, versatile).

I also think Gilmore might be good for Clowney as well. 

To your point--if we sign Gilmore, I feel very positive about the CB room.  If Horn stays healthy, it would be a strength and not a liability.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 2

51 minutes ago, BountyHunter said:

I think Dan and Gilmore's agent will talk and we will  sign him this week.  I think that was always the plan incase we didn't pick one in the draft.  

Yeah they’ve been hinting at Gilmore all week, surely it will happen. 

• Pie 1

Grand scheme, there are worse things than a year like this. Bryce has every tool he needs to succeed. The defense will be bad. If the offense is great, we’ll have a mid-round pick to use on the defense. If the offense is terrible, we’ll have a high one to use on Bryce’s replacement. 

The secondary was riddled with injuries last year, we're at least equal if not better on Dline, linebackers should be about the same.  I think the defense will be pretty good this year.  But Bryce has to show improvement this year.

On 4/28/2024 at 4:03 PM, mountainpantherfan2 said:

Xavien Howard, JC Jackson, Cameron Sutton and Patrick Peterson are all also still available. I would prefer Gilmore but there are still other option is the asking price is too high. 

Once it gets closer to training camp their asking price is going to come down significantly.  Once you skip a year of playing at their age they will soon be forgotten.