• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2025 QB Draft Class

*FreeFua*

49 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Some spring game highlights from Ewers, Sanders and Beck

I assume one of these guys will emerge as the 1st pick overall. Bo Nix just went 12th overall. A QB will go 1st overall despite being a weak class

True, but the double edge sword being there are several middling guys like Ward and Leonard should be there later in round one.  Not sure if Milroe comes out or not after next season.  I seriously doubt we move on from Bryce after next season even if he doesn't do well.  They will give him 3 seasons at the minimum.

However, I do like some project players in the middle of the draft that we take a flyer on for depth at worst or a potential replacement in 2026:

Dart, Howard, Ulagalelei,  Rogers and yes...McCall.

Edited by 45catfan

Looks rough right now, I highly suspect Beck will be the consensus 1 by seasons end, Shadeur will go round 1. The real question is who is the riser?

Every year someone has an astrnomical rise: a few that come to mind recently are Jayden Daniels, Joe Burrow and even Kenny Pickett to an extent. Who is that guy next year 

2 minutes ago, Martin said:

Ward could fly up the rankings with a good year.

I agree.  I've been following him for the last 2 years and am a big fan.  Think he has all the tools to be successful.  Tough in the pocket, strong upper body and mechanics, he'll take risks (doesn't play the safe/stat friendly game), and he noticeably progressed as a processor last year.  

Big year for him in a new setting.  Will be interested to see how he performs in the ACC.  

• Pie 1

Sanders, Beck and Ewers will be top 10 picks, if healthy.  I'm thinking probably two more will go mid-to-late first round.  Still, not the draft like this year.  Seen some of Leonard since he played in the ACC. Not being lazy because they were to the same school, but I think Leonard is a Daniel Jones type of QB.  Middling starter, but a quality backup.   I haven't seen enough of Ward yet.  He decided to stay in college when I was studying guys, so I didn't waste my time with his film.  in my very limited time on his tape, his comp would be a hybrid of Tyrod Taylor and DeShaun Watson (now, not 5 years ago).

The rest of the mid round guys are a wide variety of styles and sizes.  You have the tall pocket guys (Howard and Ulagalelei).  There's the shorter and more mobile QBs with moxie (not running threats though) with Dart, McCall and Rogers.  I would definitely take one of these dudes in the mid-rounds.

Again, I'm not sure if Milroe comes out.  Depending on his season, he could be a late first rounder.

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Sanders, Beck and Ewers will be top 10 picks, if healthy.  I'm thinking probably two more will go mid-to-late first round.  Still, not the draft like this year.  Seen some of Leonard since he played in the ACC. Not being lazy because they were to the same school, but I think Leonard is a Daniel Jones type of QB.  Middling starter, but a quality backup.   I haven't seen enough of Ward yet.  He decided to stay in college when I was studying guys, so I didn't waste my time with his film.  in my very limited time on his tape, his comp would be a hybrid of Tyrod Taylor and DeShaun Watson (now, not 5 years ago).

The rest of the mid round guys are a wide variety of styles and sizes.  You have the tall pocket guys (Howard and Ulagalelei).  There's the shorter and more mobile QBs with moxie (not running threats though) with Dart, McCall and Rogers.  I would definitely take one of these dudes in the mid-rounds.

Again, I'm not sure if Milroe comes out.  Depending on his season, he could be a late first rounder.

Milroe would fly up draft boards with a good year as a passer. I could easily see him go #1 overall if he makes a jump.

• Flames 1