• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

16 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

This signing means blackshear is most likely gone

2 RBs likely aren’t going to be ready for camp loads.  And you can’t put too much on Hubbard who is the best RB we got going into the season. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, travisura said:

Most of that investment is Sanders, and I doubt that mistake is repeated again with the new staff.

I mean, we also just used a second round pick and now signed Penny. That's not a tiny investment, although not an Atlanta Falcons level of investment either.

Seems like we are doubling down on some 1990'd era football. Interested to see how it works out

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, we also just used a second round pick and now signed Penny. That's not a tiny investment, although not an Atlanta Falcons level of investment either.

Seems like we are doubling down on some 1990'd era football. Interested to see how it works out

image.jpeg.d7a655d3ff7b348a57710e31d814664a.jpeg

should of just kept this dude.  I mean, he actually can play 90s era football.  

Canales had the worst rush O and ran into fewer loaded boxes than almost every team in the entire NFL 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Canales had the worst rush O and ran into fewer loaded boxes than almost every team in the entire NFL 

Yeah, all of this is starting to look like another episode of square pegs in round holes. That really does seem to be a Tepper staple.

4 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It might be more about matching your scheme to your players and executing better than the opponent. Or in the Panthers’ case executing well enough to keep it a game with a much better team. 

With this quarterback, the offense is going to have to be hybrid as poo. Number one, it is still best to protect young quarterbacks with a stout running game and offensive line. Number two, our young quarterback needs more help than most top overall picks. So, running game, come one down.

I don’t think just having those pieces in place mean the passing game can’t be creative, or that the run can't be more influenced by modern principles. 

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

i still believe, with or without wilks, it was a big mistake not using what he built in half a season as a foundation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1