• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes vs rangers rd 2 game 3. 7pm

2 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

This is the only way this series is worthwhile. Maybe play baseball with trouba’s head. 

I would love nothing more than to cripple the Rags with injuries and let Florida steamroll them in the finals. God help me if the bruins win though... I'd rather both teams get hit by a nuke

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

While their injuries sucked, those injuries shouldn't be the reason why we get swept...

The problem is we have no clue how to score despite having many players who are great goal scorers

Fast being injured made rod go full retard and neuter Jarvis....

• Beer 1

You know it's interesting to see what I assume are grown men/women(?) having total meltdowns about these games.

Canes aren't playing well, it's obvious we miss Pesce because our D has not been as good - no real backup plan on D because TDA is washed and our prospects aren't ready.  We look slow and even with Guentzel playing well we still don't have enough.  Shesterkin is playing pretty well and the Canes seem to run into a hot goalie and decide they need to find the perfect shot before throwing pucks at the net.

Burns has definitely slowed down, Staal is another year older, and I think the team just tightens up in the worst moments.  It's almost as if the Canes would be better off as a lower seed, the underdog....trying to beat the odds.

Winning the Stanley Cup is incredibly hard and we are seeing why....that OT goal wasn't on Koochie, it was an insane redirect by Panarin.  If anything Orlov overskating a weird puck carom gave the Rags that chance.  Canes have to score more than 2 GPG to win, they haven't really done that.

I do think no matter how this series ends up (yes, I am still holding onto the slight chance we have to win this series), that the offseason is going to be one of change.  I really want the Canes to lock up Guentzel, he is a guy we need.  I think Pesce might be gone, Staalsy might retire, Skjei isn't going to be cheap, we should re-sign Necas contrary to what a lot of fans think.  Gotta buyout Kuzy, let TDA walk, see if we can find someone to take KK off our hands.

Change is a coming.....

• Pie 3

29 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

This is the only way this series is worthwhile. Maybe play baseball with trouba’s head. 

That’s would mean we hit players for more than 1 period.  That 2nd and 3rd was bitch tits hockey.  This team is done. This last game we play is the last of the rod era. fug them. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

Contrary to popular belief, Rod is a good coach. He kind of reminds me of Andy Reid (Eagle’s version). He’s got the Canes close but he can’t get them over the hump and eventually his message will become stale because there won’t be anything to show for all the success he’s had.

It might be a situation where it’s best for both parties to move on. Rod may end up having success with another team and the Canes might finally get back to the Cup with another coach. But regardless, coaches are hired to be fired and unless you win the big one you’ll probably find yourself looking for a new job eventually.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

32 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

That’s would mean we hit players for more than 1 period.  That 2nd and 3rd was bitch tits hockey.  This team is done. This last game we play is the last of the rod era. fug them. 

We have never been physical (regular season and playoffs) and always let teams just run a train on us and (usually) injure us. Then we do nothing in return and take it like little bitches 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, PleaseCutStewart said:

We have never been physical (regular season and playoffs) and always let teams just run a train on us and (usually) injure us. Then we do nothing in return and take it like little bitches 

Aho is the poster child for bitches. When he has the puck he just spins around like a Disney princess. Meanwhile teams like the rangers actually go to the goal, get traffic to the net and work the puck closer to get good scoring opportunities. 

This team reminds me of manning’s colts. They’d be great in the regular season, perennial favorites to win the the Super Bowl. Then in the playoffs they always ran into a more physical (usually less talented) team who just muscled them into submission. The NFL even made the illegal contact penalty to help them win, to no avail. 

Edited by BIGH2001

2 hours ago, BIGH2001 said:

Aho is the poster child for bitches. When he has the puck he just spins around like a Disney princess. Meanwhile teams like the rangers actually go to the goal, get traffic to the net and work the puck closer to get good scoring opportunities. 

This team reminds me of manning’s colts. They’d be great in the regular season, perennial favorites to win the the Super Bowl. Then in the playoffs they always ran into a more physical (usually less talented) team who just muscled them into submission. The NFL even made the illegal contact penalty to help them win, to no avail. 

Dude, if there is one player you shouldn't criticize it's Aho.  He's doing what he's supposed to be doing, he's had some pretty good chances and made some good passes - he is FAR FAR away from our problem here.

To be fair the only criticism of the team overall for me is special teams.  That's what is killing us.  (I won't mention league/ref bias because those things aren't real /s)

• Pie 1