• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons got Cousins and Penix

14 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its not a bad idea but they shouldn't have taken a guy that will be 28 by the time he plays.

If (and its a big if) they get two good years out of Cousins and 8-10 good years out of this guy, then I don't see it as a problem.  

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

What is extremely rare?  Taking a young quarterback when you have a starter?  If that is what you are referring to, at one time it wasn't that rare. 

I would bet dollars to donuts even if Young works out in 2024 we still draft a qb to have on the roster and develop.  Dalton will not be here in 2025, bryce will be in his 3rd year so he shouldnt need a vet presence.  I can almost promise at some point that swing on a guy

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would bet dollars to donuts even if Young works out in 2024 we still draft a qb to have on the roster and develop.  Dalton will not be here in 2025, bryce will be in his 3rd year so he shouldnt need a vet presence.  I can almost promise at some point that swing on a guy

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  We might take a shot with say a fourth rounder if there is someone the staff likes.  

6 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

What is extremely rare?  Taking a young quarterback when you have a starter?  If that is what you are referring to, at one time it wasn't that rare. 

No, I was referring to the fact 6 starting qb's came from the same draft.

Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Its not a bad idea but they shouldn't have taken a guy that will be 28 by the time he plays.

well yeah i ageee that Penix age is definitely a legitimate concern of course  but all  at the same time it's not also inconceivable to think that history would not once again repeat itself & Penix play in the NFL 15 plus years just like A. Rodgers & Steve Young ...just saying

Edited by bandu

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I certainly wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  We might take a shot with say a fourth rounder if there is someone the staff likes.  

That should just happen, any time you have a chance to grab real potential. We need to have people who aren’t afraid of being challenged, they enjoy the challenge. 

• Beer 1

okay & if you don't think Penix looks like a legit NFL starter & was the BPA at Atlanta's pick then you need to go watch the game he had against Texas.

& i'll tell you what I seen ... i seen the best performance all year of any Qb in college football...just saying

• Pie 1

I so badly want them to make the culture all about competition. At every position. They coddle the QB starter right now and that should not be the culture. Handing people jobs. Just beat someone out. Anybody.

Plummer has no chance. Just a body. So I guess he is ‘anybody’. That sucks.

Bring in players to push the people in front of them.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Penix is 6'& 2" & 215 lbs. runs a 4.5 / 40 can jump out the gym & has a cannon for an arm.& is accurate at all 3 levels & is the most pro ready Qb in the draft & some people just can't understand why Atlanta would waste their 8th pick on him ...lol

5 minutes ago, strato said:

I so badly want them to make the culture all about competition. At every position. They coddle the QB starter right now and that should not be the culture. Handing people jobs. Just beat someone out. Anybody.

yeah bingo that is my big issue right there with the Panthers they say one thing about wanting players that have that dawg mentality & well in my mind your Qb has to be the big dog the alpha leader of the pack 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, strato said:

They probably wouldn’t even want PJ Walker in camp with his stronger arm

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)

It’s so obvious. How do we know that no QB stood a chance last year? We really only had the one and he was handed the job. 

I have rewatched games. Guys were open during the season and the QB was provided good enough protection to do something with. Every play? No. But there are so many that want to portray it as never did he have any chance of success, like... ever.  Well, that is not never. You make lemonade where you can .. according to your ability. 

Football really NEEDS at least a flag football developmental league to teach guys how to play in the league. And to find out who can.

Edited by strato

Cousins got Cousin’ed.  

I remember when the Skins drafted RG3 #2 overall and then went and drafted Kirk Cousins in the 3rd round.  It was a “what the F###” moment but it also kinda worked out in the long run.  Kinda.

• Pie 1