• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I feel this too

i reallywish i didnt

those are behemoths out there and their  speed and closing speed us ungodly fast

in the pros, they are all good. There is no college level player to be  picked  on

i  saw the Saints bench laughing at Young  in the pocket

i dont feel he belongs in the pros. I feel he will be below average due ti physical limitations. 

Laughing is pretty juvenile. I'll say this much, he's probably more level-headed than I am because if I were in his shoes and got laughed at on the way to potentially washing out from the league because I didn't belong ON the field due to physical limitations, I could still very much belong OFF the field...where I could be vengeful and inflict all sorts of chaos on players on the field, whether I was in the booth, on a podcast, in a front office, or in the commissioner's office where I'd probably get paid more than they ever will without any risk of bodily harm...but I'm not bitter, I promise lol.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Laughing is pretty juvenile. I'll say this much, he's probably more level-headed than I am because if I were in his shoes and got laughed at on the way to potentially washing out from the league because I didn't belong ON the field due to physical limitations, I could still very much belong OFF the field...where I could be vengeful and inflict all sorts of chaos on players on the field, whether I was in the booth, on a podcast, in a front office, or in the commissioner's office where I'd probably get paid more than they ever will without any risk of bodily harm...but I'm not bitter, I promise lol.

Kind Of GIF - Unsure Not Sure Fifty Fifty - Discover & Share ...

• Pie 4

7 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

He has $9.49 million to smile about and soften that blow of failure. No one likes to fail but ending up with that bank account number sure doesn't look like complete failure in any worse case scenario for him. 

And laughing is awesome, especially at your enemies. This is still football right? I don't know about it being confirmed but it's believable. Stinks to be on the receiving end but thems the breaks. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

He has $9.49 million to smile about and soften that blow of failure. No one likes to fail but ending up with that bank account number sure doesn't look like complete failure in any worse case scenario for him. 

And laughing is awesome, especially at your enemies. This is still football right? I don't know about it being confirmed but it's believable. Stinks to be on the receiving end but thems the breaks. 

All fair points, and ones that he would definitely focus on I'm sure.

• Beer 1

Steve Smith was told he didn't belong on an NFL field.  

Sam Mills was told he didn't belong either. 

Yes, being bigger and stronger is helpful, but that doesn't ensure a long career in the NFL either, just ask Cam. 

6 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Yes, being bigger and stronger is helpful, but that doesn't ensure a long career in the NFL either, just ask Cam. 

I mean, I don't think anyone would be doubting Bryce if had similar play to those dudes when they entered the league.   

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, I don't think anyone would be doubting Bryce if had similar play to those dudes when they entered the league.   

Steve Smith rookie year is worth mentioning as a receiver? 

Really?

Sam Mills couldn't even get drafted. He had to prove himself other places first. 

I get your point, but give Bryce the chance to succeed or not. Please don't bring up last season as a chance. 

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

Steve Smith rookie year is worth mentioning as a receiver? 

Really?

Sam Mills couldn't even get drafted. He had to prove himself other places first. 

I get your point, but give Bryce the chance to succeed or not. Please don't bring up last season as a chance. 

89's first NFL touch was a TD and he was all pro/pro bowl as a rookie.   Was he a great WR? Not yet.  But he showed you from day 1 he was special on a NFL field. 

I mean, that's basically the main issue on Bryce.....he got a full season and never really showed any glimpses of being special. 

Yeah, Sam Mills wasn't drafted.  Sam Mills was good immediately on the field (which was my point). 

No one would be complaining about Bryce if he showed and gave people moments to hang their hopes on.  The guys you named did that. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

25 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Bryce is tough, but those two are light years tougher. 

Plus I can not name another sam mills or Smitty clone......my 1930s football is weak. 

That's the deal the odds are stacked against him. Plus my biggest issue was there's no- elite trait to make up for his size lack. Vick was a small&short NFLer, but he had elite movement and speed to make you go " I DO NOT CARE if he's 5'9.75, he just scored a 75 yard TD in which the defenders ran into themselves!!" 

He does have the rules are made to over protect QBs, unlike during Vicks era. 

Not to mention vick had a cannon along with elite wheels. 

Posted (edited)

Well. I know camp is right around the corner because in the span of 48 hours I've seen Bryce Young compared to Christian McCaffrey and Steve Smith Sr.

The mental gymnastics are...

Mr Krabs Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by frankw
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

I’ve seen Steve Smith play in person

ive seen Sam Mills play in person 

Young is not in the same category  Their pride and desire and commitment, off the charts 

It isn’t about being as big and strong as Cam Newton.  He does, however, need to have certain measurements for the NFL 

it is also about having a passion and a belief, no matter what, a TD will happen when required …. He has not demonstrated that

ill repeat something I said before from someone who would know a lot more than me. Bill Parcells said when asked about Young’s measurements ‘he better walk on water’

i don’t know about you but I don’t see any water walking 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1