• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the wins come from? (my early predictions)

NAS

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Your point is correct, but as we stand here today he would still be the best end on our roster.   So to me losing what we did, and not really having a good d last year,  would indicate for now that the defense probably will struggle.

Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to hope Clowney reproduces his stats from last year, however likely that is.

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Fair enough. I guess we'll just have to hope Clowney reproduces his stats from last year, however likely that is.

his sack totals look to be way up and down, I guess I would take 9 and be happy but even then..........

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

receiving room is worse? TE is worse? RB is worse? Interior DL is worse? Clowney is a downgrade from Burns?

Thinking Reaction GIF

Edge is way worse. Wr room might be a small upgrade , but who’s getting them the ball? 
te is worse. lb is worse, safety could go either way. Interior line upgraded but still have a turnstile at LT. I think brooks is the teams best RB already but not sure how much he impacts this season. 

so huge subtractions from defense, slight upgrades at wr and an upgrade at IOL. Yea the team is bad, really bad. 

46 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Your point is correct, but as we stand here today he would still be the best end on our roster.   So to me losing what we did, and not really having a good d last year,  would indicate for now that the defense probably will struggle.  And if we get hit by the injury bug again it may be the benny hill show on the field

I think the team knows this already. That's why everything will not be perfect and positions will have to wait another offseason to be addressed. The roster you see now will not be the same roster that takes the field week one.

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I think the team knows this already. That's why everything will not be perfect and positions will have to wait another offseason to be addressed. The roster you see now will not be the same roster that takes the field week one.

I bet its 85% the same, maybe a new corner, maybe another edge but this is it

Yeah go ahead and ride that "we got worse" pony. It's the easiest ride so why not?

I just don't see it. On the whole I see an upgraded team.

Proof will be in the play, but no one is going to be able to come close to convincing me that we are "worse" anymore than those who just hate everything we do will be convinced that we got better.

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah go ahead and ride that "we got worse" pony. It's the easiest ride so why not?

Proof will be in the play, but no one is going to be able to come close to convincing me that we are "worse" anymore than those who just hate everything we do will be convinced that we got better.

I think they've improved the level of talent overall given the circumstances. The biggest unknown is the coach and his offense. There's still holes in critical spots IMO and the rookie weapons may not make an impact this season. Having said that, I still like the direction Morgan is going with the team. I hope he hits on a lot of these early picks because this team desperately needs it.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, rayzor said:

The offense is upgraded no doubt. OL, Johnson, XL, Brooks all should contribute this year. Defense is close but I think it’s more balanced now. If we sign Gilly I’d feel better. 

• Pie 1

I just think we're all going to be surprised this year in a good way for once.

I don't care about anyone eating crow or anything. I don't  blame anyone for doubting this team's potential.

I just want us all to enjoy being a fan again and I really think we're getting ready to experience that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

24 minutes ago, rayzor said:

I don't care about anyone eating crow or anything. I don't  blame anyone for doubting this team's potential.

I just want us all to enjoy being a fan again and I really think we're getting ready to experience that.

Yeah the “eating crow” thing is dumb because at the end of the day most of us fans just want to see some wins. Sone have their guards up and some don’t care. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I agree. I think this year's team will be funny to watch.  I can't even remember the last time I've said that. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I enjoy the game either way. I'm either cheering or laughing when I watch our games. It's like a comedy of errors that I've become addicted to. 

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

It’s like a traffic accident, but I can’t not look. I have taken to watching replays and and not live games, and just enjoying my Sunday afternoons rather than donating every Sunday to the NFL. Who I have grown to despise as an entity. But football is a lifelong interest and difficult to move on from, entirely.

Tepper has pushed me to the fringes of fanhood. 

Edited by strato
  • Flames 1