• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Weekes - Brind’Amour and Assistants Agree To Multi-Year Extension

Yay. We get to have more years where we dominate the season and go limp dick in the playoffs. Because Rod will never change anything. 
I am aware there is no one better out there than Rod I just don’t believe he can change. Guess we’ll find out. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 2

1 hour ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Yay. We get to have more years where we dominate the season and go limp dick in the playoffs. Because Rod will never change anything. 
I am aware there is no one better out there than Rod I just don’t believe he can change. Guess we’ll find out. 

Well, you have the option to change and start pulling for another team. 

But, I guess it's okay for you not to change, but somebody else must?

• Pie 1

Rod definitely deserves one more year. This was the first time the team went out and got mercenaries for the playoff run at the trade deadline. Guentzel paid off big time. The 2023 team probably would have beaten Florida if they’d done ANYTHING at the deadline last year.

This year was unfortunate because they ran into a very good Rangers team and they held their ground, but the lack of success on the power play ultimately sunk them. There were moments they looked like the obviously better team and moments they looked like they didn’t belong on the same ice as the Rangers. That inconsistency is what Rod needs to fix for his next playoff run. 

They need to retool the roster and assess the roster for a playoff run at the trade deadline like normal contending teams do. Those extra mercenaries are what put teams over the top in the playoffs.  

• Pie 2

It’s not that I don’t like Rod. He is actually my favorite coach of all time next to Jerry Moore from App State that run of 3 straight nattys with the Michigan win was 2nd to none.  My issue with rod is he beats up on regular season teams then once he gets to the playoffs, our scoring drops or our goalie play sucks. Every year. Last year, goalie play was good but we couldn’t score. This year, scoring was there but our goalie play was bad. We scored three or more goals in all but 1 game Vs rangers. That should be enough to get you wins in playoff games.   It’s one of the other ever single playoffs.  Also, his man vs zone is a real thing. Burns had a terrible playoffs. It wasn’t good. Him chasing his guy vs playing zone may have benefited him. You can still check, hit your man, and get back to your area. 

Like I said, I love rod but his playoff resume is like one poster said, it’s .514. Its average. Average for a cup contender isn’t good.  He needs to change his tune of some philosophy and loyalty to aging vets and goalies. 

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Like I said, I love rod but his playoff resume is like one poster said, it’s .514. Its average. Average for a cup contender isn’t good.  He needs to change his tune of some philosophy and loyalty to aging vets and goalies. 

What does RBA do to change his "philosophy?" You want him to play man during the regular season, dominate just as they have for the last 6 years and then change to zone during the playoffs? If the Canes tried that, they'd get swept in the first round. Can't take a team built to play man and change it to zone with the wave of a hand.

Goal-tending? Yes, Freddie was bad this year. Contrary to popular belief, his playoff numbers are very good: career 2.48 GA with a .916 save %. Last year he was 1.83/.927 and the prior year 1.84/.936. What more could you ask?

Lack of scoring? Yes, it was what hurt the Canes last season. It was addressed this season and appeared not to be the issue.

So, what exactly do want RBA to change? Freddie was bad when he's normally been very good. Scoring was there this year, but not last. How does RBA fix that? How does RBA figure out which issue is going to rear its head and cost the Canes a Cup? Injuries, players performance, poor goal-tending. 

• Pie 3

5 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

What does RBA do to change his "philosophy?" You want him to play man during the regular season, dominate just as they have for the last 6 years and then change to zone during the playoffs? If the Canes tried that, they'd get swept in the first round. Can't take a team built to play man and change it to zone with the wave of a hand.

Goal-tending? Yes, Freddie was bad this year. Contrary to popular belief, his playoff numbers are very good: career 2.48 GA with a .916 save %. Last year he was 1.83/.927 and the prior year 1.84/.936. What more could you ask?

Lack of scoring? Yes, it was what hurt the Canes last season. It was addressed this season and appeared not to be the issue.

So, what exactly do want RBA to change? Freddie was bad when he's normally been very good. Scoring was there this year, but not last. How does RBA fix that? How does RBA figure out which issue is going to rear its head and cost the Canes a Cup? Injuries, players performance, poor goal-tending. 

Million dollar questions. I have no clue.  The athletic did write a good article on it. They did mention changing to zone in the regular season to start the year. Your players are still going to play  well, and may save them some wear and tear as well.

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

LeBrun is saying it’s a 5 year deal for RBA.

Oh wow. I figured it match the assistants. Long term commitment to RBA is good, he deserves it despite me not liking some of his lines and such. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Well, you have the option to change and start pulling for another team. 

But, I guess it's okay for you not to change, but somebody else must?

Why is it when someone has the first bit of criticism fans like you say switch teams. I have been a fan of the Hurricanes since 1998 so why would I change?
Also what I am suggesting and what you said is not the same thing. 

Edited by TLGPanthersFan
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1