• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First OTA's Monday and Tuesday

Bryce, meet XL.  These are not practices, but maybe we'll get some news about them working on the field.  Won't be any big news, but right now anything is better than nothing.  Here's the full schedule.

OTA Offseason Workouts:  May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31, June 3-4, June 6

🏈 Mandatory Minicamp:June 11-13

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

57 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Bryce, meet XL.  These are not practices, but maybe we'll get some news about them working on the field.  Won't be any big news, but right now anything is better than nothing.  Here's the full schedule.

OTA Offseason Workouts:  May 20-21, May 23, May 28-29, May 31, June 3-4, June 6

🏈 Mandatory Minicamp:June 11-13

My expectations are very low for XL this year. He is a rookie and traditionally we don't develop rookie WR fast. I fully expect it to be the Dionte Johnson show this year with flashes of AT. I think somebody nobody expected will come out of nowhere and grab some limelight too. Marshall? Mingo? UDFA? who knows.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

My expectations are very low for XL this year. He is a rookie and traditionally we don't develop rookie WR fast. I fully expect it to be the Dionte Johnson show this year with flashes of AT. I think somebody nobody expected will come out of nowhere and grab some limelight too. Marshall? Mingo? UDFA? who knows.

I understand that logic but no way in hell we get minimal from a first round WR. They contribute in a big way these days he was targeted for a reason. I agree DJ should get busy being the clear number one but you don't trade up for the best jump ball catcher Moss type with how he catches passes and expect minimal. Not Jamar Chase but a big year 8 plus TD and over 6-700 yards total rec/rush. Sorry I'm not setting the bar at the minimum just because we've been azz I'm holding us to a normal standard.

Edit: Man no way a udfa out performs our first rounder it's possible but shouldn't be the case we need to strategically put him in position to excel with our young creative offensive head coach like Mike McDaniel per say.

Edited by trucpfan

1 hour ago, trucpfan said:

but you don't trade up for the best jump ball catcher Moss type with how he catches passes and expect minimal.

Bryce has a hard time pulling the trigger on a 70/30 pass let alone a 50/50. Makes very little sense unless Legette is going to be the slant boy and not Moss.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

15 minutes ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Bryce has a hard time pulling the trigger on a 70/30 pass let alone a 50/50. Makes very little sense unless Legette is going to be the slant boy and not Moss.

I think XL is going to be getting tons of special teams reps to balance out his WR reps at least year one. I think he's already at gunner and he'll probably be getting kick returns with that new UFL style rule which will be a big deal with starting field position

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, trucpfan said:

I understand that logic but no way in hell we get minimal from a first round WR. They contribute in a big way these days he was targeted for a reason. I agree DJ should get busy being the clear number one but you don't trade up for the best jump ball catcher Moss type with how he catches passes and expect minimal. Not Jamar Chase but a big year 8 plus TD and over 6-700 yards total rec/rush. Sorry I'm not setting the bar at the minimum just because we've been azz I'm holding us to a normal standard.

Edit: Man no way a udfa out performs our first rounder it's possible but shouldn't be the case we need to strategically put him in position to excel with our young creative offensive head coach like Mike McDaniel per say.

First round wr that played 5 seasons in college. 

• Beer 1

12 hours ago, Ghostofdelhomme said:

Who the fug was going to catch it? Then you’d just bitch about his decision making. 

• Pie 2