• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers draft Armanti Edwards

Car123

Edelman in NE.....Cribbs in Cleveland.

Thank You MH. People need too understand that somtimes you draft playmakers because they are playmakers and have skills that translate too more then 1 position. By the way Boldin was a QB in college as was Ronald Curry. Both became solid WR.

Edwards is a third round pick. If he can return a punt past the 20 consistently, it will have been worth the investment. If he throws ONE pass that goes for long yardage on a wildcat play, or gets a few first downs, it will have been worth the investment.

He's a playmaker. I feel good about this pick.

this

The picks I will follow most: Clausen, Armanti Edwards

Certainly it will be Clausen, but the other prospect will be Armanti Edwards, projected to move from quarterback to wide receiver. He is athletic and fast with good hands. I am told he looked good in receiver workouts. The Panthers traded a second-round pick next year to get him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/13298477/nfc-draft-rating-top-picks-intriguing-players-to-follow?tag=coverlist_active;coverlist_footer

So Edwards looked really good in his WR drills and showed really good hands catching the ball.

Awesome...

Ok my question is what position did we draft Edwards for. I am really pissed how we used a 2nd round pick to get him. We drafted him pretty high. I can tell you right now we didn't draft him to be our starting quarter back, but possibly with our run game use him as the QB in the wild cat formation, maybe we plan on using more wild cat plays. Our front office has been looking at the guy for a while now. I believe we have a plan for him and its not just for him to be our WR or return man. Just think of what how sick it would be with Edwards as our Qb and double trouble behind him? I think if Edwards can be successful in the NFL then we will be able to do some sick plays in the wild cat.

Archived