• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should Coach Fox be Given a new Contract?

Jangler

Should Coach Fox be Given a new Contract?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Should Coach Fox be Given a new Contract?

• Yes
    • No

No, he shouldn't. He will easily find a job elsewhere in all likelihood. He has settled here, no longer has the drive he did his first 2 seasons. Will probably be best for all parties if he moved on and gave a young hungry coach a chance here.

No, he shouldn't. He will easily find a job elsewhere in all likelihood. He has settled here, no longer has the drive he did his first 2 seasons. Will probably be best for all parties if he moved on and gave a young hungry coach a chance here.

Who do you have in mind?

I agree with this...we need to bring in a young coach who is still fresh and has a passion for the game. In our franchise's short history we don't have that coach who will always be remembered and respected and someone who build traditions here. Fox is close but...no

No. In the last 5 years I can't recall thinking that we out-coached a team to victory. I can recall saying that about other teams though. My problem with Fox is lack of gametime adjustments. If things aren't working as originally planned we are pretty much screwed.

Amazing. All people do is whine about how bad Fox is and now the majority wants him to get a new contract? If you think for a second that Fox had anything to do with the offseason than you are out of your mind. Richardson was running the show cutting dead wait and rebuilding. Fox I can assure you wasn't happy with the fact he was going into a year that he is on the hot seat with the majority of his veteran players gone. Fox loves veteran players. He loves them so much to his fault.

I personally think he has done a great job at Carolina, but it is time for a change. I don't doubt for a second that he will get another coaching job instantly and will do very well at the next team. Apparently many of you have forgotten the days where Jake couldn't throw a pass 10 yards and Fox wouldn't pull him. Also, you have forgotten the days/years that the Panthers were not good and Fox and his team showed ZERO energy on the field or on the sidelines. Also, you have forgotten the three years in a row everyone was picking us preseason to go to the Superbowl and we did NOTHING. We had one of the most talented teams in the league position by position and did NOTHING. Now we are rebuilding because he didn't get the job done and those players are old or gone.

Based on conditions right now, August 27, 2010 1:52 EST, considering we had an 8-8 2009 regular season record, heard comments like "Jake Delhomme gives us the best chance to win", and now a 0-2 2010 Preseason, and the current catastrophy of Armanti Edwards... hell no.

Despite the fact that I still feel it is extremely premature to call Armanti Edwards a "catastrophy", if you believe that was 100% John Fox's call you are incredibly uneducated to not only how this team works, but nfl franchises in general.

Amazing. All people do is whine about how bad Fox is and now the majority wants him to get a new contract?
Not everyone whines about him, just the people who like to whine in general.

And to the people who think AE is a catastrophe (spell check is your friend), check out Smitty's box score from the Green Bay game his rookie year. What a catastrophe that pick was, huh?

I like John Fox, and I like that he's brought this team a level of respectability over the years. But I do wonder, at times, if maybe he has run out of gas with us. I'd like to think that he hasn't, but I find myself being less of a "Give him the contract!" guy and more of a "Let's see how this season plays out first" guy.

Fox and Richardson may just be playing out this contract because Fox would prefer it that way. Not knowing the ins and outs of the contract, the last year of one generally is the big pay off year. If the coach is good, the contract often gets re-upped, but the coach's big pay day gets put off a few years down the road. Fox may be happy to play this year out, get the big paycheck and then discuss the next year.

Or perhaps no one wants to be tied down for the iffy season next year.

Despite the fact that I still feel it is extremely premature to call Armanti Edwards a "catastrophy", if you believe that was 100% John Fox's call you are incredibly uneducated to not only how this team works, but nfl franchises in general.

Did I say drafting Armanti was Fox's call? No...

Does this poll say we should replace Marty Hurney? No...

Do I think Fox had a hand in going after Armanti Edwards and the current lack of performance from him so far? Yes.

Head Coach carries the responsibility for the conditioning and performance of your team. He's clearly not had a handle on that for special teams for quite some time now.

agreed, though i might change my mind if the team is doing really well this year.

i think everyone is ready for a change.

Did I say drafting Armanti was Fox's call? No...

Do I think Fox had a hand in going after Armanti Edwards and the current lack of performance from him so far? Yes.

Head Coach carries the responsibility for the conditioning and performance of your team. He's clearly not had a handle on that for special teams for quite some time now.

You are aware that AE is learning 2 completely new positions at the highest level of football? Give the kid a break, at this point he must learn an entire playbook, adapt to the speed of corners and safeties, play WR and PR. He was drafted as a project, with a lot of upside. No one in the Panthers FO or coaching staff figured he would break out IN THE FIRST 2 PRESEASON GAMES. Let the season play out before you pass judgement on a guy that could be very dangerous once his knowledge and experience at the WR position catches up with his physical abilities and talent.

no.

Nothing will change. Fox is Fox. He knows Jerry is ready for some new blood. Fox will give it his all this year just like always.

Fox's time here is over. His coaching in recently seasons has shown that. He isn't a bad coach but he also needs a new surroundings.

Archived