• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hurny on WFNZ Now...

realstandman

Trade for Vincent Jackson...

Hurney: I get excited about LaFell, Gettis & Edwars. They are young. Fox & I get criticized for not winning back to back season. We are building ourselves for that with youth. Jackson is a short term fix. If it does not work it is my fault. We will win games this year.

He pluralized it folks, so there you have it! Hurney guarantees we win at least 2 games this year! Woot woot!

Oh wee mayne...they better hope we don't go 0-5 into the bye week looking this bad...

Hurney is trying to dance around too many issues while trying to protect JR...

we could start 0-6. Lot more issues than just QB. Definately don't like the matchups with our defense the next two weeks.

I can buy some of it being his fault. He simply drafted the wrong WRs (so far). Other teams have had rookie WRs step up. Ours, to date, have not. If they still look like this at the end of the year, Hurney failed and this "grow together" idea will not work. But if someone shows "DeSean Jackson" like talent any game now...well he may be onto something. Gettis is my hope for that.

Would you consider trading a rb?

Keep your strengths strong. Depth in a position is the best thing you can have, so no. You don't have to diminish one to improve the other.

When you watch Armanti every week, he improves- uhhh, we don't watch him b/c hes not activated

I would have liked to be asked then why havent you locked up D'Will to a new contract?? (I know, its cause of the CBA) BUT if the franchise ends up loosing D'Will for nothing it will be the same mistake they made with Peppers. I am not saying trade D'Will but either lock the guy up, or get picks for him now!! Maybe they are super confident they will sign him, or plan to franchise him - then either sign or trade.

They are waiting to see what type of CBA will be signed before they make out any big contracts.

Yeah just like all the other GMs are doing.

Oh wait, teams like the Jets who actually want to make the playoffs have signed their young talent and even did for Revis what Richardson should do for Beason. Just like San Francisco extended Willis.

Nevermind.................

They are waiting to see what type of CBA will be signed before they make out any big contracts.

I hear ya on that. The part about that when discussing D'Will is because of that the Panthers are either going to lose D'Will for nothing when its all settled, going to have to franchise him, or must be pretty damn confident they can sign him. It is just going to suck outright if he ends up leaving for nothing. I am not for trading D'Will at all, but if that were to happen people suggesting the Panthers trade him is not that far fetched. Escpecially if this season continues to go downhill as fast as it is. Maybe some team would give the Panthers some good picks - which what a rebuilding teams wants anyways.

Either for him or Stewart anyways, then if its Stewart they should lock up D'Will now. This whole CBA thing is really screwing this up, because if not for that D'Will would be locked up - instead the team is risking losing him for nothing.

i hate to say it but i can see what he's saying and aside from a few examples he might be right. i still don't like it but i can understand it. i just hope it pays off.

i do like the idea of having the WRs grow with the QB. it just takes so stinking long.....

It actually is a valid philosophy, and not just at that position.

Some team go out and throw money at whoever just had a big year. Others try to build through the draft and think preemptively.

May not be popular with fans, but it can work if you do it right.

Trade for Vincent Jackson...

Hurney: I get excited about LaFell, Gettis & Edwars. They are young. Fox & I get criticized for not winning back to back season. We are building ourselves for that with youth. Jackson is a short term fix. If it does not work it is my fault. We will win games this year.

Case in point.

i just wish they would admit that it is a rebuilding year rather than sugar-coating the poo with a less harmful term "youth movement". to me, that is one in the same. yes there are still some vets on the team, but when you are the youngest team in the league by age, have unproven (and now a rookie) quarterback under center throwing to rookie wide receivers, you are what you are.... right foxey? i'm okay with seeing what lafell, gettis, armanti, etc. have out there. however, when we end up 5-11, two things better happen. one, bye-bye foxey and davidson. second, with a top 5 pick and a bona fide "andre johnson or brandon marshall" type of wideout sitting on the board, we better take him.

I've never bought into the argument that they'd tank this season, and still don't.

They took advantage of an uncapped year to set themselves up for the long run, for certain. That doesn't mean they aren't also trying to win this season.

i'm thinking CB to replace marshall. not liking the early DT prospects so far.

i'll be fine with D on draft day, btw.

Marshall's been bad so far. If he gets worse, I could see looking at a guy like Mike McKenzie later in the season.

(they'd need to ensure he was healthy though, and that's a pretty big "if")

Archived