• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Love for Godfrey on NFLN

Jackofalltrades

Just caught the Panthers vs Saints segment on NFC Playbook and they heaped praise on Godfrey for his play this season.

Not only that, but Shannon Sharpe went so far as to say the Panthers would be in much better with 22 Charles Godfrey's on the field.

He has progressed nicely, but if I could have 22 of any one player if wou, hands down, be Beason.

With that said, despite Shannon, Brian and Joe all picking the Saints to win it's nice to see one of our guys getting good press.

Just caught the Panthers vs Saints segment on NFC Playbook and they heaped praise on Godfrey for his play this season.

Not only that, but Shannon Sharpe went so far as to say the Panthers would be in much better with 22 Charles Godfrey's on the field.

He has progressed nicely, but if I could have 22 of any one player if wou, hands down, be Beason.

With that said, despite Shannon, Brian and Joe all picking the Saints to win it's nice to see one of our guys getting good press.

classic example of the network guys never watching Carolina play......picking up the stat sheet and just making assumptions off of it. Good couldn't be a word to describe Godfrey's play week 1 and week 2.

Godfrey has shown zero pregression in handling coverage assignments. He capatilizes on oppoenents mistakes. Which is good don't get me wrong.....but people are fooling themselves if they think his play overall has been good so far this season.

Hopefully he can continue to do the few things he does well.....and captilize on really bad throws. B/c there will be tons of balls targeting his responsibilites.

classic example of the network guys never watching Carolina play......picking up the stat sheet and just making assumptions off of it. Good couldn't be a word to describe Godfrey's play week 1 and week 2.

Godfrey has shown zero pregression in handling coverage assignments. He capatilizes on oppoenents mistakes. Which is good don't get me wrong.....but people are fooling themselves if they think his play overall has been good so far this season.

Hopefully he can continue to do the few things he does well.....and captilize on really bad throws. B/c there will be tons of balls targeting his responsibilites.

get spell check installed on you cpu or

a1b942fb2ac6.gif

You must be right - if someone disagrees, they must not bother watching games...

I don't really agree on this, because Godfrey has getting praised heaped on him by a ton of people, and I haven't seen him make all the mistakes people say he does.

EDIT: THIS season, that is. Also, it sometimes looks like safeties make mistakes when it is other players, too. Godfrey is by no means perfect and I would not want 22 of him playing, but yeah. I think he has improved nicely.

He played horribly in the first game and was out of position quite a bit, but has been pretty good since then.

Do you understand the concepts of defense???? Im not going to say he pulled a Troy P. but game one he played very well, yes he was out of position a few times but no person or safety can do it all except maybe troy. You cant knock him for one thing but when he does something exceptional ignore it. He caused two turnovers if our offense would have put up seven in either situation its a different story. You do realize they were on the field forever that poo wears you down. He is getting well deserved praises I hope he continues to play at a high level.

Do you understand the concepts of defense???? Im not going to say he pulled a Troy P. but game one he played very well, yes he was out of position a few times but no person or safety can do it all except maybe troy. You cant knock him for one thing but when he does something exceptional ignore it. He caused two turnovers if our offense would have put up seven in either situation its a different story. You do realize they were on the field forever that poo wears you down. He is getting well deserved praises I hope he continues to play at a high level.

Godfrey admitted he didn't play well. The first interception, he was 5 feet behind the receiver and the ball was tipped into his hands. The second one was tipped as well I believe. Overall he got abused in that game.

Not that he was the only one that played poorly.

Archived