• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why was Jimmy benched?

Brokenbad

That's why I said nothing that I have heard or seen about him disputes my assumption that he doesn't put in the work b/c since he got to ND all I've heard is negative things about him. Yeah, I saw the videos of him working out in high school and all that, but once he got to ND all I have heard is negative stuff.

And I have placed as much blame on Davidson as anyone, but how come Matt had 5 TDs in his time playing, but Jimmy is still stuck on 1 in his? He should've at least had 2 by now. Why is his completion % still below 50 (48 I believe), but Matt's is 55+?

I don't think our system or playcalling is passer friendly. It sucks if there is no run game, point blank. But, Moore AND Pike have looked better in the same system. Pike may not have the beautiful delivery, but he looked like he knew where to go with the ball, which Clausen doesn't - Captain Check Down.

This is why I don't think he puts in work and his attitude suggests that once he made it, he was good.

You talk so much poo.

no, sadly... takes quite a bit more than either.

Still have hope, but not much. If nothing else, I hope Clausen can lose us into drafting someone nice. Do you have a favorite QB prospect out of this draft?

I don't like to look at the draft this early in the year and I probably won't for a while. Not sure how I feel about Luck yet but I'm not really a fan of Newton. Locker has a lot of athleticism but can't seem to win and has often been a disappointment this year. He has a lot of tools but it takes more than that and I'm not sure I see it. He'd need to go to a great QB coach. I don't like Ponder too much. Kellen Moore is garbage (maybe I just hate lefty QBs?) and I don't think Dalton is anything special. Mallet is really big but didn't play well against Bama.

I guess the only QB I could see taking in the top 5 would be Luck, but even then you'd have to take a hard look and see really what he's doing, not just the numbers and so on. Taking a QB is a crapshoot moreso than any other position.

Clausen never set the world on fire at ND against a so so schedule......he seems to have issues seeing over the line...at least Pike is 6'6" and can see. Maybe Buffalo pulls out a couple wins along with Dallas and we can bring in Harbaugh and Luck as a package deal......:D

Actually Clausen did light the world on fire in college.

Also, what in the hell makes you think Harbaugh, one of the most sought after coaches is going to choose Carolina? He'll have his choice of places and Carolina is a hard sell.

Well, if we have the #1 pick, and Luck declared, maybe Harbaugh would come out. XD

I also think there are a number of HUGE names out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does give us a look, but he's more likely to end up on the west coast I think.

I haven't seen a QB I am really wowed by yet, but I haven't watched anywhere near as much college ball this year as in the past. I keep getting SEC random shitty games on TV. Uggh.

Well, if we have the #1 pick, and Luck declared, maybe Harbaugh would come out. XD

I also think there are a number of HUGE names out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if he does give us a look, but he's more likely to end up on the west coast I think.

I haven't seen a QB I am really wowed by yet, but I haven't watched anywhere near as much college ball this year as in the past. I keep getting SEC random shitty games on TV. Uggh.

The networks, much like ESPN, try to push their own agenda and force SEC trash down your throats. It's like no matter how many games they lose or how bad their offense is or how dumb their coach is, we are forced to watch them every week.

Honestly no one screams franchise QB this year, if there was such a thing, and I think Luck is the guy people have seen the least amount of flaws in so they have anointed him the "franchise guy"

Actually Clausen did light the world on fire in college.

Also, what in the hell makes you think Harbaugh, one of the most sought after coaches is going to choose Carolina? He'll have his choice of places and Carolina is a hard sell.

Clausen beat Hawaii once........

Carolina isn't that hard of a sell.

Great weather, great city, small market (media doesn't hassle you), owner who is easy to work w/ and normally has a fat wallet he isn't afraid to use....and plenty of existing talent. Don't let the horrible QB play and Fox fool you.......the 1-15 record will definately be emabarrassing when the OL, RB, and defensive talent is looked back on.

new coach can instantly step in and have a good D and good ground attack w/ a few moves.

Archived