• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you side with in the John Fox vs. Jerry Richardson war?

Sam Mills Fan

Jerry just made some mistakes IMO those are forgiven easily

It seems as if Fox has issues with the organization and he is letting those issues affect his coaching and the team. He obviously doesn't want to be here so he should have just quit. Money is not as important as happiness. I hope the scars to his career and this team were worth it for him.

JR has had one bad year out of them all as far as decisions he made. And even now i doubt he went into this season thinking 1-15. With Otah, double trouble, and Matt Moore playing well at the end of last season I am sure he and the rest of the FO were thinking 8-8 with a slim chance of playoffs. Which is a fine strategy going into a possible lockout.

Either way he has a ton of cash and if history holds he will be spending it on a top 5 pick and some free agents next year.

The question has to do with the current squabble between the two, not who would we take a bullet for or who do we admire more. Some of you people are crazy and will give JR a free pass for life it seems. What if we go on the cheap the next five years and never win more than three games? Will you still bow at his feet because he brought a team here? Yes, we are all thankful for that, but no one gets a free pass in life. Everyone is required to do their job well and if they don't, critics are allowed to call them out on their poor performance. This year, for maybe the first time ever, JR dropped the ball.

You obviously lost the context as to why I said what I said.

First of all. I don't worship the owner. I don't even live in the carolinas, despite my desire to.

The fact of the matter...the panthers franchise is owned by jerry richardson. He has the right to do what he wants with it regardless whether I agree or disagree.

The quote you responded to, was in direct response to sams ass stating he dispises

Jerry richardson.

I do dispise some owners in the league. There is no way I could be a fan of any franchise owned by a man I dispise. How any one can state they are a fan of a team owned by a man they dispise? That screams out a lack of logical thinking in any fashion.

So now that you responded to me based on a lot of assumptions...you now look like a complete fool. Hope it was worth it to ya.

If you dispise the owner, how can you even call yourself a fan?

If that is the case, go find yourself another team to hate on.

Bobcats "fans" have done this for years. They do everything possible to divorce the checkwriter from everything he did to build our organization. JR's lucky he aint black, or else fans in this area would've did the same to him a long time ago.

And for the record I side with neither, but its apparent Mr.Richardson is more money hungry than he is Super Bowl hungry. I cant believe people think this is all some "masterplan" that he devised. We're talking bout an owner who's never been able to sustain success. An owner who takes 3 steps back every time he takes 1 forward. Jerry Richardson can not be trusted running his franchise. Outside of his "holier than thou" standard/image he revels in, he leaves alot to be desired as a pro sports owner. He deserves a lot of credit for getting this thang started and putting in the legwork to make this franchise jump off, but once he did, he got greedy, got complacent, and has fuged over his customers too many times with the product he gives them. Jerry Richardson is gonna have to pretty much spend alot of money the next few years to win the fans back, and even then few will believe he can take this franchise to the next level.

So now that you responded to me based on a lot of assumptions...you now look like a complete fool. Hope it was worth it to ya.

You didn't quote him, and I didn't pay attention to your back and forth with him, so all I went off of was what you said in a post. It's easy to lose context when you don't quote something previously said by someone else. No fool found. I thought you were dumb enough to state what you stated. Glad I was wrong.

Archived