• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble Walked Out of Practice Last Week

SOJA

Gamble is declining, fast. The guy hasn't had a pick in forever. I geuss our 2 lame duck safties are gonna claim another great corner in Carolina, just like Lucas all over agian.

A good representation of the sheer ignorance of our fanbase.

I think a change in defense will help gamble. He is a man CB playing zone. Wast of talent if you ask me.

like w/ all players, Fox wants them to play Foxball. He won't tailor scheme around what actually fits the players. You can even go back and look at Ken Lucas. Lucas was a much better corner when allowed to get on his man at the line of scrimmage but instead he was asked to play a soft zone.

If he got thrown under the bus because of Godfrey's play then I'm siding with Gamble on this one. Even though he's had a bad couple of weeks Gamble has always been a good CB to count on for this team. I would imagine he's getting really frustrated with the scheme as well. If you recall Gamble stated that he wanted to play more man to man because he believes he can take on the upper tier WR's in the league. He wanted to play man to man against Fitzgerald in the 09 playoffs but we ran the same vanilla bullshit.

You don't walk out of practice because the coaches unfairly assign blame to you. You take it and move on.

Clealry something else is going on in his life.

This.

There's mention I believe in the article hinting at something might be going on in Gamble's personal life. A terrible season and getting put on blast for blown coverage where maybe he might not have believed he was in the wrong could've definitely sent him tipping.

You don't walk out of practice because the coaches unfairly assign blame to you. You take it and move on.

Gamble is making top 10 money as a DB, which was another stupid move by the FO. I see him getting beat every game and his stats back it up, 35 tackles and 0 interceptions. However, Godfrey has 64 tackles and 4 interceptions and plays the run well. Gamble has regressed over the past 2 years, but we overpay him like many others.

As Miaoww stated, walking out on your team because someone brought up your performance is childish, he should be the guy leading the team on the field and in the locker room, not Johnson, Beason or Anderson.

Gamble is making top 10 money as a DB, which was another stupid move by the FO. I see him getting beat every game and his stats back it up, 35 tackles and 0 interceptions. However, Godfrey has 64 tackles and 4 interceptions and plays the run well. Gamble has regressed over the past 2 years, but we overpay him like many others.

As Miaoww stated, walking out on your team because someone brought up your performance is childish, he should be the guy leading the team on the field and in the locker room, not Johnson, Beason or Anderson.

You are focusing on the highlights and not thinking about the overall consistency and reliability. Godfrey has also been responsible for 3 TDs through the air and countless on the ground, then there is the big play after big play he has allowed due to his poor coverage.

And Gamble? Well he leads the team in pass breakups with 5, has only give up 1 TD this season and holds his receivers to a 60.1 completion %. Not top 10 level, probably about average, maybe close to above average.

I completely agree with him not deserving the contract, although the $54 million is a touch misleading (if I recall the breakdown properly) and he would have gotten more on the open market. However I do not agree with the way you have come to that decision, basing it on interceptions and tackles. I suppose next you will tell me Nnamdi Asomugha is not a top level Cb with just 2 interceptions in three years? Here is a hint, he has only given up 2 TDs in that time as well...

How the hell did Gamble get blamed for Godfreys f**k up? He released TJ to the Safety, all CBs do that. Godfrey just sucks.

Maybe he should not have released the WR to the Safety.

Too often we talk about how the safety was too late to come over. When in fact, often times the CB releases the WR too early or should have stayed with him.

Based on the fact that the staff was critiquing that play with Gamble, it leads me to believe that he fuged up.

hope everything is alright, this season must be rough on all the vets, but the last thing this team needs is implosion from its few veteran leaders, god I feel like Smitty is a ticking timebomb

Screw Chris Gamble. Rough is not having a job. Playing in the NFL as an overpaid crybaby is not rough. The season is partially as bad as it is because of our veterans. Smith dropping passes, Beason being out of position, Gross missing blocks, Gamble being Gamble, etc.

Man up ffs.

Screw Chris Gamble. Rough is not having a job. Playing in the NFL as an overpaid crybaby is not rough. The season is partially as bad as it is because of our veterans. Smith dropping passes, Beason being out of position, Gross missing blocks, Gamble being Gamble, etc.

Man up ffs.

Because money makes all the personal problems in the world go away.

I don't know. I worked in corporate america for 10 years and I can't imagine ever walking out of a meeting because you didn't like what you were hearing. The same should be expected from a NFL athlete making that kind of money.

Having said that, it is tough to pass judgment until you know the issues. I personally don't want to know the issues because it isn't any of our business and I hope him the best. Typically when people reference "personal issues" and don't mention what, that normally means either financial or domestic. Based on how much he makes, you can probably eliminate financial. Anyone that is married or has a girlfriend knows that chicks can do crazy things to your head. I wish him the best.

Anyone thinking just in terms of football in this situation is very narrow minded. Let's just hope his personal issues work themselves out in the best way possible for him and his family and worry about football later.

I'd hate to see any of you have to go through something personal and have a bunch of clowns commenting on it all the time. He is human so let's give him a pass on this one. It's not like he's the reason our season is sh*t.

Archived