• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

a closer look at marcell dareus

Something I liked about what that site said about him:

- Tackling: Is a sudden, hard-hitting tackler. Isn't a big-time hitter like other interior linemen in this class. However, he's more technically sound in his wrap-up.

I don't quite understand why he's projected at 3-4 DE in the NFL, he seems to have more of the body of a 4-3 DT. He's shorter than a DE needs to be (this site says he's 6'4, I've seen him listed elsewhere at 6'2 and change. On tape he doesn't look 6'4...), and has the weight of a 4-3 DT.

I don't quite understand why he's projected at 3-4 DE in the NFL, he seems to have more of the body of a 4-3 DT. He's shorter than a DE needs to be (this site says he's 6'4, I've seen him listed elsewhere at 6'2 and change. On tape he doesn't look 6'4...), and has the weight of a 4-3 DT.

Those are probably the two most interchangeable positions in football for totally different systems.

i think fairley is the most disruptive and most talented, but he is also a riskier pick because we only have one years worth of him. dareus would be a safer pick, probably. i just don't think he has fairley's upside. i would rather us take the risk on fairley.

Archived