• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gabbert Behind the Scenes

mav1234

For those of you that haven't read much about him before this season, you might find this ESPN article about Gabbert interesting. It jives with everything I heard and read about him at Mizzou the last few years so I am not surprised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6251844

Warren... was a self-described slacker in high school who wound up catching footballs at Division II Central Missouri. There are more than 300 draft-eligible wide receivers, and Warren is buried somewhere in the 80s. Two weeks ago, his phone rang, and it was a representative from an agency that seeks only the elite athletes. A representative calling on Gabbert's behalf. See, Gabbert was in a pinch. His school, Missouri, had no senior receivers, and the NFL lockout prevented former teammates who are current NFL players from helping Gabbert on his pro day. The QB needed some targets and quick connections, so for five days, Warren and three other wideouts met with Gabbert at Missouri's Dan Devine Indoor Pavilion -- four no-name receivers and one multimillion-dollar arm.

Gabbert and Warren became fast friends. Warren likes to call him "B." Blaine would do anything for him, Warren says, and that makes a receiver want to do everything for a quarterback.

Something like this is what i have been waiting for on Gabby. I'm still iffy but I think my confidence in him is on the climb. Work ethic is my #1 priority for a QB. You can overcome a lot of Q's with pure diligence.

Also sounds like the kind of guy our organization would go for.

For those of you that haven't read much about him before this season, you might find this ESPN article about Gabbert interesting. It jives with everything I heard and read about him at Mizzou the last few years so I am not surprised.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6251844

Thanks for this. Nice to hear. I also would like to add that he has always been considered a good QB, but the press didn't expect him to come out and they chose to latch on to Cam because his trophy and title and scandal and past sell more papers. Some think the media frenzy = franchise QB, when it really means franchise chaos.

Gabbert might be the real deal. I can say that I was not that high on him-at times still not, but then again, I thought the Rams made a mistake with Bradford and the Falcons screwed up taking Ryan.

I say take him #1 if you think Clausen is done, but you better do your homework. If he becomes as good as Jake (before the surgery and Scherer treatment) he is worth it. He should be better. I like having 2 high draft picks competing for the job. It should make each other better.

I say take him #1 if you think Clausen is done, but you better do your homework. If he becomes as good as Jake (before the surgery and Scherer treatment) he is worth it. He should be better. I like having 2 high draft picks competing for the job. It should make each other better.

This + Veteran = next season

Archived