• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm Going to Laugh...

Catalyst

The difference between the pro cam and anti cam groups is that pro cam people will concede that he could bust, whereas there is a very vocal group of cam haters who will never admit that he could be a good quaterback for non-bigoted reasons such as "He looks like Jamarcus Russell." and "I don't like 'running QBs'"

Thank you. Simple, exact, truthful and concise.

LOL @ non-bigoted reasons. Thank you again.

I think we can end the thread on this.

The difference between the pro cam and anti cam groups is that pro cam people will concede that he could bust, whereas there is a very vocal group of cam haters who will never admit that he could be a good quaterback for non-bigoted reasons such as "He looks like Jamarcus Russell." and "I don't like 'running QBs'"

This is a misleading statement. Both sides have their extremists.

I've observed plenty of this nonsense already and most of the time it's people that are "pro Cam" claiming that "anti Cam" posters are racist, enjoy losing, or other nonsense that tries to steer from the issues of character concerns, football intelligence, ego, and style of play.

Yet, I didn't see anybody raising a stink over people making fun of Blaine Gabbert's name and implying that he's a homosexual. There was no disgust over people seriously questioning Clausen's sexual orientation as well. So it's cool to hate people because of who they share their bed with, but not skin color?

All the hate is stupid. If Cam gets drafted, he'll be a part of the team and if a fan wants to waste their time hating him as they have Clausen, Edwards, Brown, Godfrey, or whomever, then that's their decision.

This is a misleading statement. Both sides have their extremists.

I've observed plenty of this nonsense already and most of the time it's people that are "pro Cam" claiming that "anti Cam" posters are racist, enjoy losing, or other nonsense that tries to steer from the issues of character concerns, football intelligence, ego, and style of play.

Yet, I didn't see anybody raising a stink over people making fun of Blaine Gabbert's name and implying that he's a homosexual. There was no disgust over people seriously questioning Clausen's sexual orientation as well. So it's cool to hate people because of who they share their bed with, but not skin color?

All the hate is stupid. If Cam gets drafted, he'll be a part of the team and if a fan wants to waste their time hating him as they have Clausen, Edwards, Brown, Godfrey, or whomever, then that's their decision.

But the problem is, as SD89 said, a larger amount of the Anti-Cam guys refuse to acknowledge that he could possibly be a great QB. Some have, but many won't. I also have seen a great deal of the Anti-Cam guys say something along the lines of "I can't wait for him to be a bust after we draft him..."

That suggests there are some serious feelings that have nothing to do with football bubbling underneath the surface, and as a PANTHERS fan, I'm ashamed to share my team with these idiots. If Gabbert was our guy, I would have to jump on board with the pick and hope for the best. Just as I did with Clausen. I want any guy we draft to succeed. But, when Clausen began to show how much he sucked on the field, I realized he wasn't going to be the answer, he wasn't going to help our team win now or in the future, so we had to look elsewhere.

But, the amount of venom being spewed by a lot of the Anti-Cam guys is disgusting, and it's not JUST about football for a good number of them... Or at least, there's a lot more of the Anti- guys that are making their decision independent of football than there are Pro- guys that have (regarding drafting Cam #1).

I've never, nor WILL I EVER, hope that a guy we take, ESPECIALLY with the #1 overall pick be a failure - because you are then in turn, hoping to set your franchise back for many years with a lot of losing in the forecast. That is stupid and suggests ulterior motives outside of football reasons, that so many of them claim their decision is based on. And I've seen at least 2 Panther "fans" on this board say they hope he fails if we draft him, just in the last week.

But, there are extremists on both sides, but I'm just saying it seems there are more "extremists" against him than there are for him. Additionally, I understand the character concerns. Also, another point, many of these Pro-Cam guys have been members of this board FOREVER. I'm for drafting him, but I'm not a "fan boy" and I've been here since the inception of the site (at least within a few months of it)... So, for a lot of this vitriol about Cam Fans just being fan boys of the player and not caring about the team is even more absurd.

So, I'd say if you went through and searched all the threads about him objectively, you'd see a lot more personal insults and "hate" being thrown about by Anti- guys than you are the Pro- guys. And the shocking part is, it's come from guys that I had come to know as pretty calm and fair-minded in all other issues. Weird huh?

holy paragraph batman. Well I'm not procam or anti cam. I'm pro BPA. My opinion is Gabbert is a more coachable NFL ready prospect. CAM does have the "it" factor but the question is, does carolina want to invest the time needed to bring "it" to fruition. Gabberts knowledge of multiple systems etc is more valuable imo to an NFL team looking for a franchise qb.

I haven't read every post about cam. I'm not that bored.

I am one of the guys that feel we're better off going for a true stud of a player with the #1 pick.

That being said, if the panthers do go qb, it should be newton. There shouldn't even be any question about it.

Why so many fans are wasting their lives away arguing about it as much as y'all are, is beyond me.

Any true fan wil get behind the pick, and hope for the best.

I will say there are a large # of so called fans around here that hope for failure of certain panther players, just so they can bang their drums. Pretty idiotic, IMO.

As much as I have lobbied for him, I just don't believe the Panthers will draft Cam. I believe it would be too bold of a move for this franchise.

It would be fun to watch TRD melt down though. I have never seen anybody cry so damn much about a player who is not even on the Panthers roster or a rival's roster.

Rivera wants us to be more aggressive and wants a face of the franchise Cam could be that on the field and off more so than anyone else in this draft imo. If Fox was still HC Id probably think differently april 28th plz hurry the f**k up :(

But the problem is, as SD89 said, a larger amount of the Anti-Cam guys refuse to acknowledge that he could possibly be a great QB. Some have, but many won't. I also have seen a great deal of the Anti-Cam guys say something along the lines of "I can't wait for him to be a bust after we draft him..."

Your entire post is a matter of perspective. I do not think there are more unreasonable "anti Cam" (the very term, lol) than "pro Cam". Many of us aren't actually "Anti Cam", we just do not want a QB at #1. Almost everyone who is against drafting Newton at #1 does not want any QB there. There are some exceptions now that Gabbert has had a decent Pro Day etc, but by and large most of the people who do not want Cam Newton do not want any QB.

People like myself, TRD, and Mr. Scot, have all said at one point or another we will support him if we draft him and hope he does well.

Lately there has been a larger portion of posters seeming to hope he busts no matter who takes him. I do not know why this is, but I suspect it has to do with the threads about him more than any feeling towards him as a person.

No need to invest too much into a prospect.

Those that really love Newton, end up spending most of next year ragging on the player we do select because they aren't Newton.

Those that really hate Newton, end up spending most of next year ragging on Newton and hoping he fails.

There are litteraly, and I mean literally a handful of posters who are genuinely "Anti-Cam". There are a couple of people who like to wind up "Pro-Cam" posters, but by and large most are in the grey area.

I haven't seen anyone reporting things which aren't true about Cam. Most of the criticism aimed at him is justified by fact or by reason, so what is more baffling is how some people try and refute these facts and reasons.

There literally is not one other player who has this blind devotion to them that Cam has on here. It's genuinel debartable at who the best player is in this draft, so how has he developed such a following?

I think most of these "anti-Cam" guys wouldn't be so frustrated with the discussion about him if the "Pro-Cams" weren't so naive.

Basically anyone at either end of the spectrum is pretty bloody kindergarten.

It would be fun to watch TRD melt down though. I have never seen anybody cry so damn much about a player who is not even on the Panthers roster or a rival's roster.

Again, I appreciate all the support from you guys constantly riding my dick and keeping my name out there, I have to correct you on your stance sir.

First, I don't think we've ever met so I don't think you've seen me cry.

Second, I've commented many times how I'm basically emotionless and haven't cried in almost a decade.

Third, if you consider me talking openly about Cam Newton's issues as a QB and how I think they will transition to the NFL as crying, I'm sorry you are so close minded and can't comprehend an analysis that goes beyond a stat sheet.

Fourth, I've given Cam plenty of props and "Pro-Cam" posters here have even recognized it, no matter how much you try and spin it the other way.

Again, sir, I appreciate how much you hang on my every word and think about me all the time but you are going to have to try harder in the future for my attention. My plate is pretty full with Panthers55, Raging Bull, Teeray, LoyalPanthersFan, and whatever other flavor of the week decides they have a hard on for me.

Ill laugh when Luck comes to the league and becomes a total BUST :) hahaha - ive got a feeling that kid did us a favour.. especially with how damn good and athletic football players are - we need a mobile quarterback BADLY - Cam gets to us without a load of b.s think That kid from the jets.. sanchez - he didnt learn too much in college but had ability - thats critical in the fact that he gets to learn where its most important and hes athletic + has a lil bit of Roethlis in him. Another thing - the kid is mentally stable. His so called people are just his close family not a bunch of hoodlums but nooo the media is all over that poo.

Another thing is that we have a new coach.. that As.s hole Fox didnt give Armanti a chance to Dev. Armanti is going to be a STAR .. but all good things take time to develop. Luck staying in school probably saving us from being tooo complacent and just assuming he was going to be our savior and poor luck.. God hes going to wish he just declared for the Draft. We have Ron Rivera - Just adding him to the NFC south alone changes the whole dynamic of our defense. If you thought we were good.. just watch how Great we become and FAST

GO PANTHERS.

Archived