• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Nawrocki cross the line?

Mr. Scot

No.. He didn't cross a line. Then again, I know a lot of people who read his report, then came to the conclusion that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Like me, they got as far as the "Fake smile" thing, before they started scratching their head, wondering "Wtf?"

No.. He didn't cross a line. Then again, I know a lot of people who read his report, then came to the conclusion that the guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Like me, they got as far as the "Fake smile" thing, before they started scratching their head, wondering "Wtf?"

He's repeating what he got from scouts and personnel guys. Right or wrong, it's not just his opinion.

Take the quiz with his past reviews (other thread). You'll see this one isn't unique.

Regardless, Matt Moore does not have the talent or athleticism that Newton has and it really doesn't matter who is receiver is. Even though Matt Moore also had a better group of receivers around him to begin with.

The funny thing is it isn't about Moore. It's about you saying all his receivers were garbage because they weren't projected to go in the top 5 rounds when clearly Mike Hass was not garbage and went in the 6th.

TRD, I don't believe you should be the one asking for a MOD to get involved all they have to look at is your previous posts to give you an infraction for "insulting other members."

I've been warned and infracted before for much less. I get attacked on here more than any single poster and only one person has gotten infracted for the things they say to me.

The racist discussions are ruining our board and suggesting that one of our members would run to another board to defend the Grand Wizard is childish and is nothing more than an attempt to troll the boards and start a fight, which is against the rules.

Some of his "analysis" seemed pretty subjective to me (ex. "fake smile", etc...)

You can say what you want but this kind of subjective analysis discredits you.

It's all subjective. Saying someone is a great leader is the same thing. It's all just an opinion.

The funny thing is it isn't about Moore. It's about you saying all his receivers were garbage because they weren't projected to go in the top 5 rounds when clearly Mike Hass was not garbage and went in the 6th.

I've been warned and infracted before for much less. I get attacked on here more than any single poster and only one person has gotten infracted for the things they say to me.

The racist discussions are ruining our board and suggesting that one of our members would run to another board to defend the Grand Wizard is childish and is nothing more than an attempt to troll the boards and start a fight, which is against the rules.

The racism obssesion is getting out of control, I agree.

However, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

For me the characterizations were extreme but the information likely has some truth to it. lets be real, newton has had a tremendous amount of scrutiny. I bet there are folks who go through his garbage looking for things to report about. He is a very young man who has had a tremendous amount of publicity some wanted and some unwanted. If Nawrocki had said that Newton always knows where the cameras are, I can totally buy it. How is that different from most celebrities and famous people. Does he have a private self which might be different than a public self and does he act somewhat different when the camera lights come on? I am sure he does as do most people including all of us.

Does that make him disingenuous, self-centered, egotistical and self absorbed. Probably as much as instant fame would do the same thing to most al of us if we suddenly thrust in the limelight and the media were everywhere.

I think for me the problem was how negative and critical the report was without him doing his further research to meet the guy or even call him. It seems to me that he took the negative and ran with it without even presenting that other folks didn't see those things.

The reality is that I can't imagine our folks not knowing these things already or having talked to the same people he did. if Newton was so awful, then why are we still so interested? Seems to me that his view may not be the only view out there or it would have soured our team to taking him. Or our own people who talked with Newton and met him on several occasions for some time came away with a very different feeling. I don't know about most of you but I put more stock in what I see, observe and experience than what other people tell me. I don't necessarily think that Nawrocki had an agenda but who knows some of the folks he talked to didn't. I don't think the information is that surprising and if it was intended as a personal assessment which PFW made public behind Narocki's back then it is their fault not his. But if he wrote that intended for public consumption then it was in poor taste.

One interesting thing will be how newton handles this. Most celebrities would file a slander suit. Unless he thinks the best way to handle it is to let it die or it is true.

Some of his "analysis" seemed pretty subjective to me (ex. "fake smile", etc...)

You can say what you want but this kind of subjective analysis discredits you.

A pretty significant portion of the draft analysis process as done by anyone is subjective. They don't just sit down and rank everybody by who has the best stats.

If he wasn't trying to generate attention from this how come I got three tweets from PFT when this broke pimping the quote and giving me links on how to order to read the whole analysis??

It was shoddy work and several journalists agree with me. Plus Yas, Wyche, and Brandt all had stories in the past couple of days claiming teams were satisfied with Cams off the field stuff.

Basically it just feels like he is lazy and living off the reputation of PFW set by his far superior predecessor.

By the way he was wrong about Clausen as well so.... take him FWIW. Narcissistic egomaniacs don't run around like a scared kid apologizing to everyone including the defense instead of the offense when he played like poo.

Narcissistic egomaniacs would tell them to stfu and play their own game and leave him alone.

So..... false. At least he can rely on Scot to defend his honor though :lol:

However, if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

I haven't dished out any racism towards anyone?

He's gone after my father, my unborn children, my childhood, everything.

He knows he is losing every argument and most people see him for what he is so he turns to other arguments and claims.

The post wasn't even directed at me to which I took offense.

Just like I took offense in the thread when someone made a joke that said Cam tested positive for AIDS.

Ever since the new "Panther fans" that have only showed up after we got the first pick and bombard the board and every thread with Cam propaganda, this board has gone severely downhill. It's really sad to see.

I don't care if people don't agree with me, and I'm known to make a joke or two, but you have to draw the line somewhere to keep the board civil and suggesting other posters are racist on a regular basis does not do that.

Archived