• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McShay has us taking Newton number 1.

Awesomeness!!

I agree completely. There really isn't any new info out there. Many of these draft guys probably just feel like the writing is on the wall and don't want to be left standing on an island.

As much as I support the idea of Cam to the Panthers, until they turn in the card we really cannot be sure of anything.

:iagree:

Hidden

Look for ways to downplay it, portray his fans as illogical and starstruck, tell us Jerry Richardson was "tricked" into doing this and is a victim, blah blah blah. The usual. Id love to see some of the detractors step up and admit they are dead wrong sometimes, I just wonder if their pride and ego will allow it.

Dead wrong about what?

You were the one that was saying that JR was a racist and would never have a black QB as the face of his franchise.

I guess if we do draft Cam.........that would make YOU being the one that was wrong.

No way we draft a guard in the 3rd before addressing cb, dt, and wr. assuming qb is the first pick, the need at all of those other positions are bigger than guard i think.

When you get into later rounds sometimes it is more about value than it is need.

When you get into later rounds sometimes it is more about value than it is need.

I don't see the third round as a value round. the number 1 pick in the 3rd round is almost viewed as a second rounder. I think in the second round you look for players who can help this season. with that said the depth in on the defensive line is said to be the best in this years class. I don't see how we can say a guard is a bigger need or value at the top of the 3rd.

Wait until Cam gets blasted out of his socks by fast NFL LB'rs

that can't be juked. He will look as bad as Clausen did. NOBODY

playing as a starting rookie QB will have the time to learn playing

on the team we have now. We need to get the pieces surrounding our QB

first and get our QB next year in 2012. When the pickens is better.

Wait until Cam gets blasted out of his socks by fast NFL LB'rs

that can't be juked. He will look as bad as Clausen did. NOBODY

playing as a starting rookie QB will have the time to learn playing

on the team we have now. We need to get the pieces surrounding our QB

first and get our QB next year in 2012. When the pickens is better.

u mad?

I don't see the third round as a value round. the number 1 pick in the 3rd round is almost viewed as a second rounder. I think in the second round you look for players who can help this season. with that said the depth in on the defensive line is said to be the best in this years class. I don't see how we can say a guard is a bigger need or value at the top of the 3rd.

I can agree with that...

Here is a summary of Walterfootball's updated MockDraft.

Round 1: Cam Newton, QB

Round 3: Orlando Franklin, OG, and Siona Fua, DT

Round 4: Jordan Cameron, TE (Do we really need another TE right now?)

Round 5: Demarcus Van Dyke, CB

Round 6: Cliff Mathews, DE and Martin Parker, DT

Round 7: (Walterfootball doesn't have round 7 predictions at this point)

So that's 1 QB, 1 O-lineman, 3 defensive Lineman, 1 defensive backfield, 1 Tight End

This brings up the question, what would be your ideal setup for drafting player positions if we draft a qb at number one? (dont have to list names, just numbers like "3 lineman" or 2 guards)

Would LOVE Jordan Cameron in the 4th. Dude has the ability to develop into a BEAST. He's very raw, but with Shockey in place for the immediate, he can sit and develop under Chud, who has a history of developing good TE's.

Well if the Riveria/Moon conversation actually happened I am glad to see our coach has bought into the decision.Last year was a grim reminder of what happens when management and coaches are not on the same page.It is sad that we do not have a 2nd pick but that means JR may have to pull out the check book sign some of these FAs and go out and get more.

Archived