• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I do not want Newton, Do you?

Ashor

A lot of our fans accept losing. 2 wins for the season, and you cant get a pulse from people. Talk about drafting Cam Newton and everyone stands up. We have to change the culture here.

Seemed to work out with The Golden Calf of Bristol.

Less intelligent, less accurate Alex Smith with character issues and a slight bit more athletic ability.

horrible comparison. Alex smith dreams about having cam newton's arm. Accuracy is yet to be seen you act like cam threw 40 picks last season. As far as athletic ability, yes i know alex is looked at as a mobile qb but,really how many highlights have you seen of him dodging the pass rush and picking up 20 yards?

I think your still hurt the pick isn't gabbert.

A lot of our fans accept losing. 2 wins for the season, and you cant get a pulse from people. Talk about drafting Cam Newton and everyone stands up. We have to change the culture here.

Yeah I hate when I see people talking about they want us to be under the radar f**k that I want high expectations year in and year out. That's why taking a player like Cam who wants to be one of the greats would be a step in the right direction for our us.

I am going to trust that Rivera and Hurney will make a good decision. Don't care who it is. If it is Cam I will believe they have done their homework and will be fine with it. Same if it is someone else. It will be interesting to watch, that's for sure. Of course I think trading out of #1 is possible.

Not going to spend any energy on who I want or think they will pick. I think the Panthers will be a much better team and am excited about next season, if there is one.

horrible comparison. Alex smith dreams about having cam newton's arm. Accuracy is yet to be seen you act like cam threw 40 picks last season. As far as athletic ability, yes i know alex is looked at as a mobile qb but,really how many highlights have you seen of him dodging the pass rush and picking up 20 yards?

I think your still hurt the pick isn't gabbert.

You are kidding right? Alex Smith is the perfect comparison.

Alex Smith had a huge arm coming out, maybe not as big as Newtons, but damned close, go read his scouting reports. Also, Jamarcus Russel has a bigger arm than Newton.

Cam Newton has very mediocre accuracy, I watched him play, I have watched highlights, when he hits those deep throws they are to wiiidddee open receivers 90% of the time. Maybe you missed the combine where he overthrew just about every pass without pressure, no pads, and non covered receivers. Or his pro day where he missed 10 passes also under the same circumstances, only more scripted, I could make those passes without pressure.

As far as highlights of him breaking college player tackles and running away, I can't find any for Alex Smith due to the limited amount of college video of him on youtube, but I can find you Vince Young, Pat White, Troy Smith, and plenty of other shitty nfl qbs who did.

Just about every scouting report says the same thing about Alex Smith and Cam Newton. Except Newton gets knocks for attitude, and character issues, where as Smith does not. Not to mention Smith was the better passer.

I'm sorry but HOW IN THE HELL is Cam Newton=JaMarcus Russell?????????

Are you only basing this on the fact that they are both black and they both would be/have been #1 picks?

I mean, to me, Newton is a completely different player than Russell.

he doesn't really compare that well to the busts we just have people that don't really want him trying to link him to every bust under the sun and hope he sticks(alex smith..mr.tiny hands..really?). Right now he compares closer to Steve McNair or Donovan Mcnabb..honestly he's hard to evaluate since there isn't really that many QBs that have played that you can compare to him.

Archived