• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, lets see how loyal you really are to Cam

Brokenbad

Not really.

If both players were available, I think there would be a great number of things going for both of them with positives offsetting each other. It would be really hard to clearly define who should be the pick and would require a great deal of analysis for me to make a decision.

I think the most crucial information we need is what kind of offense we are going to run under Rivera. If we became a West Coast, I think Luck might be better. If it was a more Spread-like or Wildcat offense, I'd say go with Newton. If it was Smash-mouth-Fox-like, then I think either of them would be good. And from what I've seen from both players, either could do well in any system. Since we really don't know what the exact offense Rivera is going to run though, we're missing an important piece of information. (Which is good... cause they are keeping the cards close to the chest).

But since Luck didn't come out, it doesn't matter. We need the BPA at the QB position, and right now, that's Cam.

If Luck were in this draft, it wouldn't even be a question of which one is going first. Period. It wouldn't even be a debate. To say that it would is foolish. No team is thinking "omg-ness upside that can run!" when "Sure -fire elite, passing QB" is on the board.

If Luck were in this draft, it wouldn't even be a question of which one is going first. Period. It wouldn't even be a debate. To say that it would is foolish. No team is thinking "omg-ness upside that can run!" when "Sure -fire elite, passing QB" is on the board.

It is always a debate. It was even a debate with Peyton F'ing Manning.

End of the day Luck had one great season in college and would have been coming out early.......people would have found issues even of the Panther message board god named Luck.

I don't hate him, I think he's gonna be boom or bust... but I don't think we need to go QB at #1. Either trade down or take Dareus.

If the Panthers pick him, I'll pull for him to tear it up with no reservations. I won't second guess the FO or call them stupid, they know 1000x more about football and players than I do, and I love the Panthers so whoever they pick I'll be rooting for them.

Yeah, it wouldn't be a debate if you're a narrowminded idiot hater.

If you are seriously looking at the contenders objectively, then, sure, it would be a debate.

And again, the biggest factor is what kind of offense are we going to run. Since we don't know... you'd have to look at the tangibles. Between the two of them, there is upside for both. There is downside for both. The downsides are minor for both.

I just happened to be watching some videos of all the QB's last night, including some of Luck's, kind of as a reality check.

Although Luck would still get my nod, Cam is a lot closer to his skill set than people give him credit for. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give Luck a 1, Cam a 3, and Gabbert a 7 or 8. Yes it is absolutely arbitrary, but you might want to do this exercise yourself and see what you come up with.

Archived