• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better Details about IMG Academy with Cam & Winke Emerge

Haven't heard anything more about Dorsey tutoring Cam. Jim Miller on Sirius this w/e mentioned something about the league threatening the Panthers with a seven figure fine if Dorsey continued his involvement because they might have felt he was working for the team. Haven't seen this reported anywhere else tho.

While Weinke's work with NFL players attracts more attention, he spends the majority of his time instructing youth and high school players in camps and individual sessions.

If Weinke is spending most of his time with other players, then who is instructing Cam majority of the time?

i worry that this place does not have a history of working with successful QBs at the NFL level..
it's only been around for a year. not really much of a chance to develop a history.

a good program is a good program regardless of how long it's been around or how much history it's had. i'd rather newton be working here than just about anywhere given the lockout.

If Weinke is spending most of his time with other players, then who is instructing Cam majority of the time?

it's talking about through the year he spends most of his time working with those players.

it's already been documented how weinke is spending his time with newton and how it's structured. weinke has given newton the biggest amount of attention.

Let's see...3.5 hours with Cam. that leaves 4.5 hours a day for others (if he works 8 hr days,probably more).

So since he works with Cam less than 50% the statement is correct. Weinke spends the majority of his time with others. Jeezus sometimes engage your brain before you ask ignorant questions.:rolleyes:

Haven't heard anything more about Dorsey tutoring Cam. Jim Miller on Sirius this w/e mentioned something about the league threatening the Panthers with a seven figure fine if Dorsey continued his involvement because they might have felt he was working for the team. Haven't seen this reported anywhere else tho.

Do you mean Weinke? I would think Weinke would have the ability to tutor him more for us than Dorsey does because Weinke used to work for JR...

Do you mean Weinke? I would think Weinke would have the ability to tutor him more for us than Dorsey does because Weinke used to work for JR...
i'm thinking dorsey might be the bigger problem since he played for chud.

i don't know...don't care. either way, newton is getting training and work that will help get him ready for starting. if it shows up that he got more help from chud/shula than he was supposed to, what's the worst that can happen? a fine? meh...easier to ask forgiveness than permission. i expect that there might be some communication between someone in the panthers and someone at IMG. i actually hope there is.

i worry that this place does not have a history of working with successful QBs at the NFL level..

If this place can do half the stuff for football players as it has for tennis players it will be the number one football training facility in the country.

People from literally around the world have moved to Bradenton, FL to get their kids in their tennis program.

Just to name a few:

Martini Hingis, Venus Williams, Serena Williams, Monica Seles, Anna Kournikova, Tommy Haas, Mary Pierce, Jim Courier, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi, Maria Sharapova, Jelena Jankovic, Mark Phillippoussis, Boris Becker, and Bjorn Borg.

Archived