• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT: 'Cats the darkhorse team to move L.A.? LMFAO!

1. How many NFL teams has LA lost?

2. PFT's article suggest we move when our lease is up. For some reason, I thought original psl $ paid for the stadium, therefore, would JJR not own the stadium?

3. Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I'm no finance guru by any stretch, but can anyone explain to me the logic in us moving when Forbes has us as one of the more profitable franchises in any of the 4 more major sports, to a city that can't hold onto a football team..

I understand the media doesn't care for the Panthers...but this is just taking their stupidity to a new limit..

As I recall, Danny Morrison made mention of the possibility of searching out new stadium options...sometime in the next fifteen years.

Pretty loosely made connection on Breer's part.

Yup and the Panthers have bought a big plot of land near the current stadium just in-case they decide they need to build something bigger rather than build on top of what they already have, sure sounds like a team getting ready to bolt to LA.

Breer also said there is no heir apparent to the franchise once JR passes because his sons are not part of the organization anymore, which is also incorrect... he sons are still part owners of the franchise, they just don't work there anymore.

Bottom line: why would the Panthers walk away from a stadium they own with 80% of the seats sold through PSL's to leave for the uncertainty of LA... a place that has lost 3 (Chargers, Rams, Raiders) NFL franchises. You want to talk about a fickle fan-base? The Dodgers are nearly broke and even in the best of times fans show up an hour late and leave 15 mins early.

I can honestly see the Jags moving, they've got nothing to lose at this point... Panthers have EVERYTHING to lose, they've got a pretty sweet deal here.

The team isnt just owned by the Richardsons. There is alot of Old Carolina money in it too. The only way the Panthers move to L.A. is if the team is sold.

Good point, I doubt the owners group who has been responsible for making Charlotte what it is today would have a reason to dismantle it. Sure, one could argue that selling the franchise would make them a sh$t to of $$, but these folks already have more $$ than they know what to do with.

Maybe for Charlotte....

edit:

FWIW, I am a fan of the team. If they moved to Alaska because of a petition started by my buddy AK, I would still root for them.

I think the LA folks have finally gotten it through their shallow little noggins that having a pro football team is a good thing and will support whichever team arrives here.

Hmmmm

L.A. Rams (Jetted for St. Louis and won a Super Bowl)

L.A. Raiders (Got smart and went back to where they belonged)

L.A. Dodgers (heading down the toilet)

What L.A. problem is... If the team ain't in 1st place there is too much to do that is much more exciting.

Maybe they want to be in a bigger market where their new superstar QB can shine and will be properly appreciated.

And when you wake up and your panties are full and wet... You will know it was just a "Wet Dream" that will. NEVER EVER HAPPEN....

As Paul McCartney Told Michael Jackson "You keep Dreamin....,"

To be fair he's just reporting, he's not actually saying that.

LOL! man, that was a good one. If this whole message board thing doesn't work out, TRD, you may have a future in stand up.

He is not reporting. Don't confuse Florio, the ultimate pot stirrer, with an actual reporter. He is the Perez Hilton of NFL media.

Archived