• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

newton still working w/ weinke and has about 90% of paybook down...

rayzor

one of the writers at derp made an interesting point concerning person's story...

there shouldn't be much of anyone questioning his work ethic or ability to grasp a complex NFL offense or the terminology at this point if all of this is true (and there is little reason to doubt that it is).

proof will still be in how he's able to take it to the field and he still has yet to do any of this with a real defense running at him and scheming against him, but given the situation it's hard to ask for anything more than what we are seeing from him.

Cam is Rain Man.....2 minutes to Wopner....

Am I missing something? Would these receivers from these other teams that he is working out with not get some working knowledge of our playbook to share with their respective coaching staffs with this approach?

Only if they heard the playcall and only if they were running the apropriate routes. I'd bet that they were running the right routes, but not hearing the verbiage. Perhaps still some "intelligence", but I highly doubt they're getting that in-depth in these workouts... probably only running one or two of the routes for each playcall, and everyone runs posts, corners, drags, etc.

Weinke's words are interesting, "He wants to be great", nothing about how he's looking so far. Every QB drafted, or player for that matter, wants to be great. I took this as Weinke wanted something positive to say about Cam's ability so far, but after realizing there wasn't anything really positive to say, Weinke stated, "He wants to be great".

Also, if I was a member of the Panther organization or Cecil Newton, I'd be extremely concerned with Weinke tweeking with Cam's throwing mechanics, no matter how minor the Tweeks were.

Out of Town Panther Fan

Annoying fan is annoying

Story comments always give one a good lol

Also when will people understand that just because you weren't a great player doesn't mean you can't be a good coach. Coach Mark Spear is the App state dline coach and he never played college ball yet he's one of the best coaches at App.

I do wonder about the "tweaking" of the mechanics. From what I've seen, and remember from the combine and scouting reviews of Cam before we drafted him, there weren't any concerns about Cam's mechanics. So what is he trying to adjust?

I do wonder about the "tweaking" of the mechanics. From what I've seen, and remember from the combine and scouting reviews of Cam before we drafted him, there weren't any concerns about Cam's mechanics. So what is he trying to adjust?

I'm thinking it's footwork more than anything

Yeah, I actually was thinking he may mean footwork as I was writing that and then lost my train of thought...

Yeah, I could definitely see the footwork being the "mechanics" issue. At Cam's workout that ESPN covered and the combine, in both cases Mayock and some of the other guys were saying that his feet and dropback were what was causing teh inaccuracy or overthrows. So, if they're working on that - awesome.

I remember reading a comment several weeks ago by Weinke that he has helped Cam stop rocking his shoulders which has increased his accuracy.

Archived