• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Torry Holt?

jspeight49er

More importantly, would it be worth it when WR isn't one of our positions of need?

No, I don't think it's worth it.

Not because he's not a capable athlete, but because he would end up being our third receiver. Now it's great to have a receiving corp that would place Holt as our third best option, but by doing so we are delaying even further the development of Dwayne Jarrett.

With Smith and more specifically Moose getting up there in age, we've got to start developing our younger guys and getting them involved in this offense. I think Jarrett will play well when he is finally asked to play a larger role.

torry's fast and can still stretch the field,before last year i think he had over 5 seasons with 1000 yds or more.he's highly consistent.

but the chances we sign him are slim considering the pep situation and unless we switch to a pass first type offense.

now what would be a absolutely mind blowing deal would be peppers for jay cutler and a 3rd rounder,then we sign a couple of solid defensive fa's and to top it off bring in mike furrey and holt.but this is a far from reality dream.

if we had greater need at WR and didn't have such monumental needs on defense i would say it was a good idea. that isn't the case.

torry won't be here.

btw....cutting terrence wasn't a bad decision. saw him at TC and wasn't incredibly impressive. he wouldn't have had a very positive impact or made a big difference at all last year.

Man are you guys listening to what you are saying?? You don't want Torry Holt on the team because you want to make room for Dwayne Jarrett? Its called a camp battle...whoever is better gets the reps. You don't pass on a guy like Holt for a good price because you want a kid like Jarrett (who has had chance after chance) to get more reps. Smith, Holt, and Moose on the same unit are you kidding me?? I have had dreams about this...And we could get him for a "lower round draft pick" which means something around 5,6, or 7. That is a steal...

Having Torry Holt on our team probably increases our point output by a TD/game. Look at what adding Moose did for us last year...

I think you bring Holt in if you can get him - Jarrett still has plenty of time to develop and having another mentor like Holt would be great for him.

Like the Cutler for Peppers talk, but now that Cassell has a home it ain't gonna happen - the whole thing centered around getting Cassell to Denver.

i read on rotoworld that the rams are looking to potentially package holt and orlando pace for a "mid round" draft pick. yes, holt has lost a step or two, and yes, pace's best days are waaaayyyyy behind him. i'm just thinking about depth at this point and if they can be had for a 4th, i'd say do it. don't know if i'd give up a 3rd. maybe if the rams included a 5th/6th rnd pick taboot. i'm becoming more and more convinced that we're hanging onto pep, so addressing depth in fa is going to be key. just a thought.

i read on rotoworld that the rams are looking to potentially package holt and orlando pace for a "mid round" draft pick. yes, holt has lost a step or two, and yes, pace's best days are waaaayyyyy behind him. i'm just thinking about depth at this point and if they can be had for a 4th, i'd say do it.

Are you aware how much of a cap hit those two would be on us? And they are NOT going to want to restructure unless they guarantee they get all of their remaining money and probably a longer contract.

Being on the hook for 3-5 more years for players of that age is not good business.

Man are you guys listening to what you are saying?? You don't want Torry Holt on the team because you want to make room for Dwayne Jarrett? Its called a camp battle...whoever is better gets the reps. You don't pass on a guy like Holt for a good price because you want a kid like Jarrett (who has had chance after chance) to get more reps. Smith, Holt, and Moose on the same unit are you kidding me?? I have had dreams about this...And we could get him for a "lower round draft pick" which means something around 5,6, or 7. That is a steal...

Having Torry Holt on our team probably increases our point output by a TD/game. Look at what adding Moose did for us last year...

Jarrett had 10 receptions for around 120 yards. You put that in one game and I guarantee EVERYONE's tune will change about this kid. Just cause he doesn't get the opportunities or the looks doesn't mean he isn't good.

He has made some big time 3rd down catches and rarely has dropped a pass.

I would greatly rethink the value of Jarrett if I were you...

You cannot deny the stats. Give him more looks and you have a WR you all want starting opposite of Smith. However, we all have heard over and over that a WR takes about 3 years to catch on. This will be his 3rd, and I think you'll notice a huge gain...

long term and cap-wise

jarrett>holt

we shouldn't be playing around with the offense when we have so limited funds and limited needs there. holt would be a luxury, not a necessity. only immediate necessities we have are on defense.

I mean we need a younger WR (Jarrett?) but it says the Rams may be willing to let them loose for a low draft pick...I'd def trade a 5 or 6 for him

Instead of using a 5th or 6th rounder to acquire a guy that will be retired in two to four years, why don't we keep those draft picks and pick up a wide reciever in the 4th, 5th, or 6th round. There will still be some quality wide outs in those rounds. The panthers should take a look at these guys.....

Jarett Dillard- Rice- 20 Touchdown's this year- 60 Total.

Ramses Barden- Cal Poly- 18 Touchdown's this year- 50 Total.

Austin Collie- BYU- 15 Touchdown's this year- 30 Total.

Johnny Knox- Abilene Christian- 13 Touchdown's this year- 30 Total.

Dominique Edison- Stephen F. Austin- 18 Touchdown's this year- 28 Total.

Julius Pruitt- Ouachita Babtist- 11 Touchdown's this year- 23 Total.

Marko Mitchell- Nevada- 10 Touchdown's this year- 22 Total.

Nate Swift- Nebraska- 10 Touchdown's this year- 22 Total.

[ame]

[/ame] - NATE SWIFT

[ame]

[/ame] - MARKO MITCHELL

[ame]

[/ame] - DOMINIQUE EDISON

[ame]

[/ame] - JOHNNY KNOX

[ame]

[/ame] - AUSTIN COLLIE

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSIhHsa8otc[/ame] - RAMSES BARDEN

[ame]