• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore looking good, likely to start?

mav1234

Good thing Minnesota was resting their starters when we beat them. ;)

This.

If I remember correctly, Minny was playing for homefield advantage through the playoffs when Matt Moore threw for over 300 yards and 3 TDs on them.

The Giants were playing win or lose for a playoff spot when Moore shredded them.

Moore was simply never given a real chance here. I hope he lights it up in Miami.

lol

....what?

carolina gave him so many opportunities for a guy that has nothing special going on about him. How many UDFA QBs get the starting job going into a season in the past 5 years? How many UDFA QBs from the past 5 years get tendered for a 1st and 3rd because the organization has more faith in him than they really should? The fact that Carolina cared enough to sign him up before the 2007 season began is the only reason Moore is anything in this league. Dallas wouldn't even give him a roster spot (this is the same team that coached up their own UDFA QB), and if it wasn't for us, he might as well have meandered into obscurity, jumping from team to team without having the chance to settle, well, simply because he's an expendable UDFA QB. The Panthers spent time helping him grow into whatever he is now, they never cut him, even when he got hurt in the '08 preseason. They basically kept him because they thought he was our future and they put him up to it and he couldn't hack it.

oh, and matt's not gonna be a 3500 yard guy in MIA. The best he can hope for is being a slight improvement over Henne.

the hate on moore is kinda crazy but i guess i expected it. I think 2/3rds of it is actually TRD hate but some of these guys have the two forever connected.

I thought Moore played well considering who he was playing with. I suspect we'll see him with the starters at some point soon, especially since Henne didn't look very good ata ll.

Archived