• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What's Everyone's Careers up in herree?

davos

Broadcast Journalist by education, but no offers out of college. So I started working as a Research Analyst for a Fortune 500. Now in Business Development. In October, I am going to a rapidly growing small business where I and my boss will be starting up the new Government Division, trying to win contracts to sell software licenses to Federal, State and Local Government Agencies.

Play poker (que bullpoo jokes) and have a real estate brokerage license.

One of my best friends and housemates of 3 years at college played poker. Won a tournament freshman year for 100k +. Still playing and making bank. Another one of my good friends is a grinder for a living, done it for bout 8 years now, brings in around 50-60k a year for just playing on line for 5 or 6 hours a day, well he did until the online sites got shut down.

As of this morning this morning I was unemployed, just got a call this afternoon from the office manager of a business consulting company that focuses on the automotive industry. Told me the owner was away on family business but that I will be getting a call monday afternoon with details of the job and an official welcome aboard talk. Its a financial rep job, pretty pumped.

Another one of my good friends is a grinder for a living, done it for bout 8 years now, brings in around 50-60k a year for just playing on line for 5 or 6 hours a day, well he did until the online sites got shut down.

This guy sounds like me. Bodog is still letting me play there but I was definitely on the other websites when they got shut down. I still have money tied up in all that business. Luckily I withdrew on a regular basis so they didn't have too much but enough that I will be happy whenever they release those funds.

I play in some good games around town as well. Been doing this @10 years now.

Good thread (well, most of it).

I have a degree in Psychology and a masters in Counseling. I worked as a therapist for years, mostly in community mental health. Left there due to massive cuts in the system which severely diluted the quality of services. Free lanced for a while...did some contract work with inpatient psych units and private practice. Now I work with adults with developmental disabilities at a state facility. I am lower middle management.

Along the way, I learned to make pottery and had a business with it for a while. Been away from it but will start it back in the next few weeks (I hope...if the power problem gets resolved in my shed).

I still am not sure what I want to be when I grow up.

Temporarily disabled, no formal education and my surgery has ended my career as a FF and Medic. Good at sales but loathe doing it. Other dream is to cover the Panthers professionally and am trying to figure out how to make that work.

Desperately looking for a desk job do I can help finance my wife's last semester of school before we lose everything.

I graduate at the end of this school year with two Associate's Degrees in Information Technology fields... Then, I don't know what the hell I'm going to do.

(Hint: That means I either a) need advice or b) need to know of open positions. lol.)

Archived