• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL.com Peppers/Patriots *possible* update

PantherExpress

I still say that just the publicity will help drive up the interest and PRICE of Peppers.

If other teams are considering, now they will have to seriously consider so they dont lose out.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. You don't normally hear about these deals until they are finalized. Why else would we be hearing about it? They are trying to draw other offers.

it would suck if peppers goes to NE and breaks all kinds of recordes..because he has a chance to change to way OLB are looked at in a 3-4 him being so big he could get all types of sacks their.

If we did trade him to NE for that, they could very well be priming themselves for another even longer dynasty.

Lets see you already know who they have, +Peppers, +they would still have their 1st, 2 2nd's, and 2 3's for this draft.

Oh yay, I hate the Patriots.

The same people who are complaining that we are not out signing free agents like Haynesworth for gazillion dollar deals are now not wanting to take a very high 2nd rounder for Peppers who is eating up the cap room that keeps us from signing players. I love this board.

The same people who are complaining that we are not out signing free agents like Haynesworth for gazillion dollar deals are now not wanting to take a very high 2nd rounder for Peppers who is eating up the cap room that keeps us from signing players. I love this board.

panthers deserve more value.

i can't imagine it's just a high 2nd.

it'd be the second year in a row we didn't get the compensation we should to trade away a player

that would suck.

not crazy about the reputation that would come with that.

cutting him outright wouldn't be a good solution either.

I agree, and second and a fifth would be fair, and yes it would free up some money to actully make some off season aquisitions. I STILL HATE PEPPERS NOW THOUGH, and hope that his car hits a patch of ice and spins off into the Neponset Reservior in MA where he dies of hypothermia after we finalize the trade.

We heard of the Broncos trying to get Cassel before KC somehow got him.

34th pick means we get first round talent at a second round price. Michael Johnson, Alphonso Smith, these are some of the names that might wind up in the early second round simply from people drafting for needs first.

I'd take the 2nd rounder and go for something else as well.

Still doubt he'll be traded just yet. I'm still thinking it'll happen on draft day.

Archived