• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So it's official: Gabbert vs. Newton

bauss

Gabbert = canon fooder for Panthers DEs

Three of my linemen have allowed 0 sacks this season and the one that has allowed the most was a rookie filling in for Britton who will be back this week. Should be a good test for your line. Plus most of our throws are three step drops.

Formula should be easy.

Carolina sticks with what they have been doing. Passing. Jags D is good but more suited to stop a run attack. Carolina should move the ball well.

Force Gabbert to play a similar game in the 2nd half.....Jags have nothing for him to throw to and let's face it....Gabbert wasn't prepped to be a starter this early so he should play like a rookie QB.

There must not be anything going on in the NFL right now. I'm watching NFL Network, and nothing else has come across the ticker on the bottom of the screen except Breaking News: Blaine Gabbert will start against Cam Newton and the Panthers.

Hell they're talking about it right now.

Don't know how Blaine will play on Sunday but I will bet u dollars to donuts if he plays half decent mike mayock will annointing Blaine ROTY.

I seriously wonder how much pressure was placed on Del Rio to start Blaine. The spin on NFLN sound like it was prepared last night.

Won't even comment on the psychophrenics over on that site that can criticize Cam's game then turn around and is already defending and putting Blaine in the company of rookie QBs who didn't have a good first season.

if Gabbert is protected well i see him going for 220, a TD and an int, BUT ultimately loses to Newton because the Jags defense is worse than the Packers and the jags can be beat deep.

Just don't throw at Mathis and you will complete every pass you throw. Throw at Mathis deep and it's 50-50. Throw short toward Mathis and he has a habit of route jumping. Pump fakes kill him.

Archived