• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is running too much

JawnyBlaze

I haven't noticed this discussed, if it has please merge.

First off, I'm not saying we shouldn't use his talent for running at all. BUT I think we need to dial back on the designed runs for him a bit. There were a couple runs today where I was grimacing hard at the end of the run. In all 3 games there's been runs where I just wish he'd have thrown the ball away or something. He's going to get hurt eventually. And I'm not talking about taking a hit, I'm talking about tearing an ACL or breaking an ankle or dislocating a knee or something like that. One of the runs today in particular he just stumbled awkwardly sideways when trying to juke or something and it just looked like a high chance of hurting himself. There's been some broken plays where he's taken off and juked the hell out of defenders and made a great play of it and those are very valuable and exciting plays but sometimes I just cringe and pray he doesn't pop something. Especially considering today's weather conditions.

hmmmm I was totally against Cam as QB for this very reason - but after 3 games, I have to disagree with you (and my initial judgement). The threat of him running on any play in any situation is affecting every defense we face. I have seen more open recievers this year than in many seasons - this is a direct result of LB's having to respect the threat.

I too am concerne that he might get injured, but I notice that he is pretty good and gaing down before he takes a big hit. Risk vs reward - he's the leader of this team and he's taking as much risk as he's asking of his recievers. He's showing us that he's "all in" to make this team a consistent threat in any situation.

As for injuries, that can happen on any play even if he stays in the pocket. He's getting paid huge - the coaches are just getting out of him what the franchise is paying him for.

Yesterday he had a bad game - and we still won - with our 2 best LB's out for the season, a sloppy field, weak running game and Cam not as sharp as he was the first 2 weeks........ and we still won!

I am getting more optimistic each week - its a good sign when you have problems and your QB remains calm and still finds a way to lead you to victory.

I haven't noticed this discussed, if it has please merge.

First off, I'm not saying we shouldn't use his talent for running at all. BUT I think we need to dial back on the designed runs for him a bit. There were a couple runs today where I was grimacing hard at the end of the run. In all 3 games there's been runs where I just wish he'd have thrown the ball away or something. He's going to get hurt eventually. And I'm not talking about taking a hit, I'm talking about tearing an ACL or breaking an ankle or dislocating a knee or something like that. One of the runs today in particular he just stumbled awkwardly sideways when trying to juke or something and it just looked like a high chance of hurting himself. There's been some broken plays where he's taken off and juked the hell out of defenders and made a great play of it and those are very valuable and exciting plays but sometimes I just cringe and pray he doesn't pop something. Especially considering today's weather conditions.

uh, reading comprehension?

i believe that you cant take away the run from Cam It is what makes him so dynamic and explosive. Without the threat of him running, he becomes half of the threat he is. He just needs to be careful to avoid big hits, which I think he has done pretty well. I have noticed him sliding down to avoid contact repeatedly which I like. The run is a huge part of his game and its not going anywhere.

Archived