• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The remainder of my life is a free gift.

beckersteen

If we might have a second chance

To live the day once more,

And rectify mistakes we’ve made

To even up the score.

If we might have a second chance

to use the knowledge gained,

Perhaps we might become at last

As fine as God ordained.

But though we can’t retrace our steps,

However stands the score,

Tomorrow brings another chance

For us to try once more.

It had been raining all day and as I came around a curve I lost control of my car. It flipped off an embankment and ended up upside down in the woods. My car avoided a creek and all the trees. I recall everything. Losing control, flipping, etc. I had my seat belt on so I didn't really move a lot. I sustained a deep laceration on my right wrist, but that is all.

What makes me feel indifferent is in this particular spot several people have died. Most recently two months ago someone died supposedly 10 feet from where my car rested. I'm able to crawl out and walk away under my own power, yet others never got that opportunity.. it makes me feel bad.

I didn't see this coming at all. It was just a normal day, coming home from school. Be careful out there and don't think you are ever going too slow for those curves when it is raining. Drive safe and always let your loved ones know you love 'em.

302358_2586970717654_1356121596_33205784_1454445531_n.jpg

307416_2586970597651_1356121596_33205783_1678243726_n.jpg

298326_2586970837657_1356121596_33205785_1753315795_n.jpg

Be glad your OK. Throw a little love out there to GM, looks like car held up.

didn't you have a post a number of months back about being depressed about life with no direction/vision/passion?

let this be your catalyst for something great.

Yes. I've been through a lot in the last 10 months. Although I believe I'm the right track these days this event certainly makes me feel more appreciative for everything that I have. I mean I'm just flat out happy to be alive.

Glad to see you are OK.

That said, remember folks, putting off buying tires for "one more month" can sometimes have really bad results.

When I was in college and didn't have enough money for tires I let it go a bit too long. It was raining, and I was going under the speed limit, but a very similar situation to beckersteen's happened to me.

Glad to see you are OK.

That said, remember folks, putting off buying tires for "one more month" can sometimes have really bad results.

When I was in college and didn't have enough money for tires I let it go a bit too long. It was raining, and I was going under the speed limit, but a very similar situation to beckersteen's happened to me.

f*cking THIS. Tires. the most important safety feature a car has.

Glad to see you are OK.

I had replaced my tires a month ago. Nonetheless you are very much right. Just gotta take it slow on those hilly/curvey roads.

Archived