• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Crappiest part about talking about the draft this year...

Ricky Spanish

If, and it's a big if, Otah sticks to his rehab regimen and Bell plays decent the rest of the year, we are probably okay on the o-line other than a 4th round or later development project. Remember that our starting right guard, Schwartz, will return next year, and he is one of the most promising young guards in the league.

I would go BPA if a trade down isn't available, but with a bias toward the defensive front 7.

If our defense doesn't improve over the next 8 games we will bringing in a bunch of folks unless they are signed long term next year. Rivera doesn't have loyalty to anyone on this team and he won't put up with another crappy defense. Yeah we have injuries and guys like Beason are here longterm but I don't think he believes the defense is that talented right now despite any comments to the contrary for encouragement sake. Guys better understand they are playing for their jobs and heads will roll if we don't get better. DT, safety and OLB are three areas where we might make big changes.

I realize that our guards our decent, with Hangman and Wharton but they're getting up there in age. Nobody even considers drafting a guard, if we could get an athletic guard it could make our run game even better. While this does rely on healthy tackles, i think we should solidify the o line for years to come with cam. People say not to build your team around a quarterback, but if we do anything like the colts did we'll be seeing the playoffs a lot. So I say we take the best available as far as o line or receiver goes. (someones gotta take smitty's place and we can't rely on gettis getting better)

OLB/OT/WR/DT/CB/TE.

At this point it's possible that Thomas Davis and Jeff Otah might never complete another full season of football. TD's ACLs snap easily due to his very slim legs in comparison to the rest fo his body, so his replacement should be drafted. Jeff Otah is having the same kind of cronic problems that many gigantic players experiece, lower body and back injuries. Drafting our RT of the future would be a good idea, or LT and move Gross to RT.

The way Rivera has been speaking about Fua and McClain, I think he intends to stick with them for the foreseeable future. We'll have Ron Fields back from injury next season, and he can be used to anchor the defensive line if Fua can't get the job done. His return, coupled with the return of our LBs, should greatly impove the run defense. Still I think we need need to add a pass rushing DT better than what we currently have on the roster.

Adding a #2 CB to pair with Gamble would be a good idea, but not critical. There are far more pressing needs, but if CB falls in the draft, we might want to ****** him.

Shockey has looked very slow to me this season, and with the way we use TEs in our offense, I think we'll part ways with him and pick up a younger more athletic TE. We need 2 premium TEs on our roster imo.

Steve Smith will be 32 next season, he's carrying a heavy load, and taking big illegal hits from angry DBs. Hamstring injuries are not uncommon for Smith, and aging WRs are sometimes more prone to injury in general. Drafting a WR who can learn from Smith in his final years here would be a good idea, and also provide some insurance if Smith goes down with injury. Gettis/AE/Legs/Pilares are clearly not future #1s.

I realize that our guards our decent, with Hangman and Wharton but they're getting up there in age. Nobody even considers drafting a guard, if we could get an athletic guard it could make our run game even better.

Again, as stated a couple of posts above, don't forget that our starting RG, Geoff Schwartz, is on IR. So Hangartner will likely just have to back up our guard and center positions next year.

Don't know if we will resign dan connor, so LB is going to be a need to some degree. Don't have to be high picks either though because we need guys to develop with special teams and LB is a common position for that. We could certainly use better guys to block on special teams..

I have us picking around 10, give or take 2 spots. I like WR Alshon Jeffery, WR Justin Blackmon, DT Brandon Thompson, and OLB Zach Brown. I really think one if not both the wide receivers will be gone unless we have top 5 pick but landing Thompson or Brown will be just as valuable.

Nfl draft countdown has this guy 14th in the first round mock Defensive Tackle Memphis jr****Dontari Poe

All I can find is that he is 6-5 350 they say he is very athletic and quick for his size and ranks in the top 5 in the country being the strongest guy.

I can't find any tape on him but he sure has the measurables.

I definitely agree with the bpa sentiment...and I'd be fine with even going WR first if we think he's a playmaker. We need more playmakers whether it be turnover machines or td monsters

I agree with you Mr. first time poster.

Having said that, I personally would only want Justin Blackmon on the offensive side of the ball. He is a monster magnet.

Archived