• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's contract

TheOracle

If he comes out next season and plays as well as, if not better (without the rookie mistakes), than he has this season, should the Panthers go ahead and give him a new contract? Especially if they make the Playoffs then.

Would you?

Cold shallow businessman? No.

Person with some semblance of a heart. Yes.

I think it really depends on how we do. Winning record plus playoffs and great Cam numbers=new awesome contract. Losing record, even with great numbers....meh. Losing record and Cam's shown no improvement/regressed? Absolutely not.

EDIT: Just read the post above mine. So no!

How many fuging times has this have to be told? Under the new cba you can't negotiate until year 3 of his contract.

The end of the season year 3?

And if so that is scary thought, considering what Hurney has been doing contract wise..... I see him making Cam the highest paid QB in the league -_-

As already been said, can't renegotiate until year 3. We make the playoffs before then (and I think we will) and win at least 1 playoff game, Cam definitely gets it. Hell, just because he broke records (including a long-standing one), I'm sure his agent will definitely push for a big pay day. You ask Cam, I'm sure he'd play for $1 million. Guy just loves playing and you can tell he is grateful for the opportunity.

Archived