• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Armanti Edwards =112.5 passer rating

savage

but it is still like a crappy version of rolling Cam out.

See you may be correct, I wouldn't say crappy but downgraded absolutetly. Either way the reason Smitty got 11 yards after that catch was the pump fake, and the wildcat usually calls for a run. That'll draw the safetys up and I have seen Armanti throw a 60 yard pass off his back foot before so if they are caught sleeping on the pass and Armanti see's that. There is a good possibility he will capatalize.

Another thing is the opposing teams now expect Cam to score one way or another in the redzone. If AE can crack the line-up and see field action, break the huddle, line Cam up as a wideout and throw him a fade route after a motion play action to draw up the linebackers.

Some of you will disagree and sawahhh dmfggfg Cammmm cammie cam cam. But if the offense is sputtering for a while, having that play in your back pocket wouldn't hurt.

It would be nice to have our backup qb be able to do some of the things Cam does. Anderson and Pickles are statues back there. It probably wont be AE but if it did turn out to be him it would save us a draft pick and some money.

Dump Clausen and keep Armanti listed at WR. Saves a roster spot and you get a reserve QB in case #1/2 go down.

Dump Clausen and keep Armanti listed at WR. Saves a roster spot and you get a reserve QB in case #1/2 go down.

I think that's the idea when they aren't dressing Clausen. Chud knows how to use Armanti since he had Cribbs in Cleveland. He will get him involved in the game as a wideout soon enough I believe so it'll catch the defense off guard when Cam runs out wide.

I didnt like giving up a second for Armanti, but I want to see him more in the wildcat. Im pulling for him b/c if he can keep working at WR and get better and better, he will be a nice weapon in our offense.

Punt returning? NO. Heck NO. Wildcat, slot WR, trick plays type stuff - I want to see what he can do.

putting him in the wildcat for more than 1-2 plays per game actually inhibits our offense

Provide some empirical data that supports your theory and we'll see. Until then keep your speculation to yourself. Three three and outs in a row actually inhibits our offense, the only thing worse than that is a turnover. He coulda been used as a spark because he indeed is a threat to throw while being able to run and pick up 5-6 yards per carry, maybe more if given the right situation.

You will see more of this, get used to it.

Archived