• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Even though we're only 5-9 I feel like this has been of the best seasons ever

Herb

I see know the problem with Old huddlers vs. New huddlers. New huddlers see unlimited potential, its like falling in love for the first time, they see a team with few or no flaws. Older huddlers have gone through the highs and lows, and now that they are skeptical of anyone new.

I challenge Old Huddlers to know, it is ok to love again. :grouphug:

When I first fell in love with football, it was during the Steelers heydays!

You loved all of the characters, Mean Joe Greene, Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth, Hamm.

Now my new love is the Panthers. I love the Offensive Scheme, I love that our coach looks like Castillo from Miami Vice. Cause Castillo was a mf'n Samurai. I love that Smitty is crazy and will attack his own players, I love that Cam loves the game of football like a little kid, and my hope is that once this offense is tied to a quality RR defense, that know one can stop them.

Just like my old love the Steelers.

The one thing I know about the Panthers, is that last year, you were the ugly girl at the high school, but when you came out this year, you were the baddest bi... on the block.

It isn't that old huddlers or more aptly long time Panther fans are jaded or burned to the point we aren't excited about the future, simply that potential is only that, unrealized opportunity which hasn't come to fruition. We see a team with great offensive potential that hopefully will correct the defense issues and injury concerns and return to competitiveness as we are used to seeing. After having seasons where we went to the Superbowl and the NFC Championship we are not that impressed with a 5-9 record. Plus at least for me, I want us to build a consistent winner which we haven't seen in our short franchise history. Do that and I will be leading the cheers and excitement.

i expect 8-8 or 9-7 next season. That is pretty reasonable

yeah, I expect us to win some games next year... this years draft could have been one of the better ones we've seen in a long time.. if that's true and we see a consecutive successful draft, I feel really good about 9-7..

Archived