• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dear Forgotten Panther Fans

redbuddha

Dear Forgotten Panther Fans,

I know that many of you stopped posting after Cam was drafted. Some of you were hurt, because you felt Cam had issues.

Well the season is over, he hasn't been involved in any scandals, he was cleared of any charges for his time at Auburn, he broke several nfl, team, and rookie records, made the Pro-bowl, and he generally seems like a nice kid.

Now if you didn't like him because he was black, I know that is something you can never get over; and something he can't fix for you.:rolleyes5:

However, if you had other reasons, I am giving you a one time :smash: amnesty to come back and celebrate the bright future with the rest of us.

Reinvent yourself and become an enlightened contributor to the forum. I'm sure some of you have some great football knowledge to contribute.

Chris (New Panther Fan)

Thank God there's an anonymous internet entity willing to provide amnesty to other people for having an opinion.

People who left the team entirely because of a draft pick weren't fans to begin with and people who just had reservations about the pick (clue: lots of people) were justified.

This thread is pointless.

Where did this idea of people who stopped being fans because of Cam Newton being drafted or the fact that his is black come from?

Have we resorted to imagining things to whine about?

There was tremendous accusations/arguments/bull poo over Cam and racism last year. Literally multiple threads worth it was horrible.

Archived