• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Severe, sweeping penalties under consideration in Saints bounty case

Car123

I was just breessing through the saint’s report for a few laughs and it amazed me how delusional the saint’s fans really are. They still think things are going to be fine and that franchising Brees will save money and let them sign their key players. They seemed to have forgotten the twenty some odd players are facing suspensions and they will have to sign said number players to temporally fill those spots:D

I think "delusional" is too complimentary. That's like saying someone is fairly intelligent, but choosing not to face the obvious reality.

These people are just plain dumbfugs who don't know any better.

could not happen to a better group of d-bag phanzz IMO

lmao at Ray Nagin's "chocolate city" and all season ticket holders in the rapedome

bad side..

Goodell continues to water down the intensity and violence in the league to support the self and owner-serving end of an 18 OR MORE game season.

I think "delusional" is too complimentary. That's like saying someone is fairly intelligent, but choosing not to face the obvious reality.

These people are just plain dumbfugs who don't know any better.

like this fool on their board

It doesnt make sense for the nfl to take one of the best teams and take them out of competition. I seriously think they are trying to install fear into the Saints and other teams so they stop all of the nonsense and also they are probably supposed to get williams more than loomis and payton. It just doesnt make sense to take such a good team and try to get them for something that happens in every locker room for every team. I think they will wait till the noise dies down and then they will probably take our second this year and suspend williams for half a year. I know it looks bad now but once the seasons start we will be back on top I promise!!

or this one

I just can't believe that the NFL will go that far to punish one franchise. Don't they realize that a team's season will be ruined if its coach is suspended? Don't they realize how many people in this city depend on the Saints for their livelihood and business? This not only affects the Saints, it affects this whole region. If you do something to hurt one of your franchise's ability to do business and make a profit, isn't that covered under some kind of antitrust clause? If this penalty is severe enough, maybe Benson can sue the NFL?

I think some of the players who were leaders of this thing will maybe get fined and suspended... the others that they can prove put money in might get fined, but I doubt any players will be harshly punished here...

The coaches and the organization will bear the brunt of the punishment I think... they are the ones responsible to the league for insuring this kind of thing doesn't happen, and particularly since they were supposedly told to stop, didn't AND lied about it... I think that there may be some lifetime bans imposed here... certainly Williams faces the most severe punishment, particularly if he was the force behind it AND ran it at his previous coaching positions around the league.

Serves the dirty fuger right. :D

The bounty system was administered by Williams and involved 22 to 27 players, according to an NFL investigation revealed

That statement there says they have info on those players, are they still saints, or are they even in the NFL still? We won’t know until they release the names. I’m sure there is still a large number on the saints. Some will probably just get a fine, but others who put up money will and should face stiffer punishment.

How will a ban of approximately 20 players work? If thats the case the Saints wont be able to field a defence, they would be as well awarding the win to whoever they end up playing that week.

The reports say 22-27 players involved. It doesn't say 22-27 defensive players involved. Some of them could be offensive players playing on special teams. Some could be offensive players who contributed money to bounties.

The reports say 22-27 players involved. It doesn't say 22-27 defensive players involved. Some of them could be offensive players playing on special teams. Some could be offensive players who contributed money to bounties.
Pretty sure the NFL release specifically said "defensive players", but I can't look it up right now.

Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined more than anyone as the NFL has cracked down on helmet-to-helmet hits in the last couple of years. And now he says he’ll be watching intently to see the NFL’s next major discipline issue.

Harrison wrote on Twitter that he wants to know what the league is going to do about the Saints paying bounties for defensive players knocking opponents out of games.

“We’ll see how concerned the NFL is about player safety when they decide what the punishment for the saints is,” Harrison wrote. “I’ll just say this, if that was me I would have been kicked out of the NFL!”

The NFL is watching Roger.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/05/james-harrison-eager-to-see-the-nfls-punishment-for-the-saints/

Archived