• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers To Be In Cap Trouble In 2013 Too?

Ken

From the Peppers FT failure to where the money is currently spent is annoying to say the least.

Fortunately all the Playoff success the last few years makes it all worth it. :rolleyes:

Honestly the Peppers thing was a clusterfug and I dont think many other FO's could have done much better.

We were going to lose either way.

He refused to work towards a trade and refused to stay here long term.

Peppers fuged the Panthers at every turn and people still suck his cock on this board, its really pathetic.

I'm more irritated at the approach the FO has taken at the signing of players, management of the cap, and stupid draft trades.

Just a couple of weeks ago, we were in cap trouble. Now we're a good 2-3 million under the cap and will be around 7-8 million under the cap in June when Wharton's cap hit is officially gone.

We'll be fine.

We are 707,000 under right now. June 1st we will be 6,307,000 under. Draft picks don't count towards cap. Those are the exact numbers as of right now.

Which explains why the Steelers have gotten so much worse these past couple of seasons. Gotcha.

Also, we've already brought in a bunch of people to improve our special teams and Reggie Smith was going to start for San Francisco prior to getting injured. We've definitely improved on the merit alone. Just because we don't bring in high priced free agents like Tampa Bay doesn't mean squat. I'd rather do what we're doing, a successful formula, than doing what Tampa Bay has done which hardly ever works out.

Compare play off appearances and Super Bowl wins in the tenure of the current Steelers FO and the Panthers FO.

I have back the FO more than most anyone on this board, don't try and come at me bro.

I could give no less fugs about bringing in Vicent Jackson or some other day one signing.

I do give fugs about being up against the cap constantly when we could bring in a week 2 of FA guy that could help this team make significant playoff runs.

Reconstruction of shitty deals over and over is not the answer here.

Not playing favorites with nice guys (DWIll) jumping the gun on draft trades (Armanti), and signing shitty kickers to unmanageable deals is what I am talking about.

(disclaimer i have no idea what Mare's deal is, but he got paid a ton to poo the bed)

I think we have to get our draft picks right because most likely FA in 2013 will look similar to this years. We can't afford to have a bust at the #9 pick.

If we get the draft right and all the players do well, cap room will be a none issue for the most part.

What would have helped would have been to not overpay so many players....and not pay for RBs you don't need.  You know basics

What runningbacks we didn't need at the start of the season? Oh that's right you knew what type of year Cam was going to have.... err wait a minute...

My patience level with Hurney and his handling of these recent extensions and signings is growing VERY VERY thin.

Holy crap....welcome to the dark side.

Hahahahhaahha.

Just something for you to chew on as well. Cam only signed a 4 year deal and is entering year two.

Good stuff Hurney, good stuff.

Also needs coming up.....no. 1 WR, LT, DT, DE, resigning a QB, and Corner......hahahahhah good times.

What runningbacks we didn't need at the start of the season? Oh that's right you knew what type of year Cam was going to have.... err wait a minute...

Yup. Every playoff team last season had two no. 1 RB's and both were drafted really high in the draft.

Which is EXACTLY why Hurney should have NEVER signed D-will to that fuging contract, we're gonna have to just end up cutting quality players soon. Hurney has completely fuged up our cap situation. I see all these teams like the Saints, Eagles and Seahawks being SMART with their money.

Archived