• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bobcats Rebrand Update Thread (Real Charlotte Fans-Censorship Free Edition)

Proudiddy

Unfortunately what most people for re-branding forget to mention, myself included is that the Bobcats have a great opportunity to re-brand as well as turn their team around.

They are in position to get the number one overall pick in the draft in Anthony Davis and they will also be going into the off-season with the lowest team payroll as well as the most cap space (somewhere between 17 million and 23 million, if my calculations are right; it depends on Jamario Moon's contract and how much we had to pay Diaw when we terminated his contract) of any team in the NBA.

With this in mind we should be able to significantly increase our roster and possibly make a run at an eighth seed in the playoffs and at the very least a 30+ win season.

Having the Hornets name and logo on the chest of our player's would just be a bonus.

That is why I am for re-branding.

Most of the guys that are against re-branding are acting like we can either change the name or we can improve the team. I am here to tell all of you that it is not an either/or scenario. Both re-branding and drastically improving have a very good chance of happening and both would improve the team for the better. One as a marketing/publishing stunt (which is all pro sports is to everyone but the players, if you worked in the sport industry you would know that) and the other as a productivity/entertainment stunt as putting a competitive team out on the floor night end and night out would boost revenue for the team/city and bring back a love for professional basketball to the state that so dearly needs it.

That is all.

But you do realize that even if we became the Charlotte Hornets we would still be the same exact team

It will still be a long way from contention, but with more bad contracts off the books, at least a top 4 pick, and moves that Cho will probably make on draft day as he did last season to acquire assets, it won't be the same exact team.

Heck, it might even be watchable.

David Stern is a stubborn shortsighted jackwagon. You should have seen his face when Benson said "Hornets don't mean anything to us". He's an arrogant SOB who doesn't want his dumb f*ck*ry of a decision to let Shinn take the name and not allow NO to give their team their own name reversed.

You can't swim against the current dumbars you should have done the will of the people instead of being an arrogant prick about it.

Archived