• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TSN blurb on what's next for Peppers

NanceUSMC

Whatever fate is in store for either of them, I don't believe we should see, say, for example a 4-12 season, and people chomping at the bit on here to make excuses and cop outs for both of them.

Nobody should be untouchable here. If Fox/Hurney can get us to the playoffs, hell if they can get us to .500 or better, they can get another shot. Expanding on that thought about "untouchable" that's exactly part of the gripe with Delhomme, though not to change the subject, but I don't want to see an utter failure and no repercussions for poor performance.

There are always repercussions for poor performance. Look at all the new coaches in the NFL and it is easy to see that it is hard to keep your job in this league. Richardson knows football having played it as a pro and he also knows what it takes to win at this level. He is not someone to suffer fools lightly or to put up with poor performance. He built his businesses with savvy and great judgment. You can surely know that like Capers and Seifer before him, if Fox loses the team or fails to deliver, he will be gone. Under Fox we have never gone worse than 7-9 which doesn't qualify as utter failure by any means.

There are always repercussions for poor performance. Look at all the new coaches in the NFL and it is easy to see that it is hard to keep your job in this league. Richardson knows football having played it as a pro and he also knows what it takes to win at this level. He is not someone to suffer fools lightly or to put up with poor performance. He built his businesses with savvy and great judgment. You can surely know that like Capers and Seifer before him, if Fox loses the team or fails to deliver, he will be gone. Under Fox we have never gone worse than 7-9 which doesn't qualify as utter failure by any means.

I agree and I do not like all of what Fox dose but the fact is he is a good coach and has done what is needed to be done. There has been alot of hate spread around for a team that went 12-4 last year but this is a new year and I feel we have made the right moves so far.

Bottom line is anyone who thinks that Fox and Hurney will be gone no matter what their record this year are wrong. So even if he said what you think he did, it doesn't matter. Peppers will be gone long before Fox or Hurney are.

And for what it is worth, I still think I am right. But again does it matter? Unless this guy's last name is Richardson, what he says doesn't mean squat.

:lol: You cant admit that you read it wrong. Come on you dont have to be always right.

I'm sorry, but contextually that sentence makes no sense if it refers to Fox and Hurney.

Why would they trade a player that can help them win now for draft picks they won't be around to use?

Bingo

It HAS to be referring to the team trading FOR Peppers.

What it is essentially saying is that any FO that has under performed throughout their tenure and are on the chopping block can have a first round pick in this draft just gone AND trade for Peppers. It allows them to add two players, whereas before the draft only allowed them to have the one.

The proof is that the other 'team' is the subject matter int he first sentence, Carolina is only referenced to.

The other proof is that we simply never had a first round pick. So how on Earth can Carolina "have their first-round pick and trade it, too."

So

:lol: You cant admit that you read it wrong. Come on you dont have to be always right.

I believe it is you who needs to admit they are wrong ;)

I'm sorry, but contextually that sentence makes no sense if it refers to Fox and Hurney.

Why would they trade a player that can help them win now for draft picks they won't be around to use?

SHHHHHH

The crazy people are talking.

Laughing at the idea that Fox and Hurney are on thin ice.

why its true...they never had back to back playoffs..there was once talk about fireing dungy because they had the feeling he could not win the big game...and fox is not immune to the same thing..that and the fact some big name coaches prob will come out of retirement next year..

I am really excited to see what Peppers is going to do along with Everette Brown. For the first time since Mike Rucker (and in his younger days) we have a legitimate duel pass rush threat. Its just that Peppers maybe has a good 2 years left and I think it would benefit us long term to trade him now while he still has value. If Peppers becomes more of a distraction and continues his efforts then we must do what we can to get rid of him, save some cash, and pick up some possibly great young players through the draft the next couple years, even if it is not two first rounders.

Archived