• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ryne Robinson Vs Joe Adams?

Gabeking

I'm asking this out of pure curiosity, how were they regarded as returners coming out of college? How are they different exactly? Is adams a better player coming out of college compared to robinson? Im asking simply because i am not quite aware of how robinson was regarded Coming out of college compared to adams and i just hope Adams doesn't become another Robinson cuz I'm really excited about Adams. Thanks to whoever responds!

Robinson was a very good return man....but played in a weak conference and most of his claim to fame as a returner was in large part due to playing 4 years. You can climb the record books if you play 4 years.....very few guys play 4 anymore

Ryne Robinson measurables- 4.47 40, 6.71 3 cone, 4.21 20 yard shuttle, vertical 35, broad jump 123

5'9", 179 lbs. Miami of Ohio- college stats- 258 receptions, 3697 yards, 14.3 ypc, 22 TDs, Punts-121 ret 1677 yards, 13.9 ypr, 7Tds.

Joe Adams measurables- 5'11", 179 lbs, 4.55 40, 3 cone-7.09, 20 yard shuttle- 4.18, vertical- 38, broad jump- 123 "

Arkansas- college stats- 164 receptions, 2410 yards, 14.7 ypc, 17 Tds, Punts- 63, 570 yards, 9.19 ypr, 5 Tds Stats saying he average over 15 yards a return don't include fair catches.

Even accounting for the different competition level, Adams seems more explosive but Ryne was a more consistent receiver. Hopefully Adams doesn't have any serious injuries but being smaller may be an issue. Durability can be a concern.

Archived