• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Name Your Top Reasons You Are Glad We Have Cam And Not Luck

Brokenbad

I like Cam over Luck because Cam already has a year of experience under his belt.

Secondly, the NFL likes to compare players, not just of similar playing stile, but mostly race. That is why you see Cam compared to VIck, Russel, and even Kordell Stewart. This leaves the expectations very low. Luck on the other hand has been called the second coming of Manning, or better than Elway. Those are very very high expectations........

Also why you see Luke K. compared to Urlacher, Connor or (insert white LB here)

I like Cam, but if Luck turns out to be the next Joe Montana or Tom Brady, then I might not be glad. :)

Luck could turn out to be the greatest QB ever, and I won't care.

You only care about other teams having good players if you don't have your own.

I don't care which guy we've got as long as the one we have is good.

Luck could turn out to be the greatest QB ever, and I won't care.

You only care about other teams having good players if you don't have your own.

I don't care which guy we've got as long as the one we have is good.

Fwiw, it doesn't really matter much and I am glad we have Newtwon.

Had the op said name the reasons you are glad we have Cam, I would say because we have a very good qb. And even now, I prefer Newton over Luck because Newton is a proven commodity where as luck is a unknown. But if down the road we find that Cam has a solid career while Luck is mentioned as one of the best of all time, then I might wish we had Luck. Just as I am sure there are Giant fans who wish they had taken Montana instead of Phil Simms in 1979.

Cam didn't come into the NFL as an heir apparent to greatness, his professional play (albeit only for a season) in the NFL has made him not only a possible candidate for greatness, but perhaps the greatest ever.

I just think that it's amazing that it took only one season for Cam to even be in the conversation with the league's elite---elite who are arguably some of the best QBs ever. It's great that Cam has a season under his belt and a full off-season to perfect his craft, study film, and work on his weaknesses.

Let me give a Cam spin on an old, trite saying: Cam is his own (worst) Kryptonite.

If Cam just keeps his emotions in check, calms down, and processes the information that the defense is "showing" him (which experience will systematically help to teach him) his accuracy will improve. This, along with his size, strength, agility and power will make him an apex predator on the offensive side of the ball.

Cam's upside is immeasurable. Astronomical. Off the charts! He has the ability to be in a class all by himself. Mercedes Benz has its S-class. The NFL will have the Cam-class.

Archived