• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

would you pay chud more than rivera?

I'd make chud the highest paid coordinator in the league....while also extending Rivera.

i'd also make sure that rivera was paid more just to keep things in their proper perspective as far as ranking goes and also as appreciation for making sure he had the best coaching staff possible.

not sure why anyone would argue or gripe about how much it cost to pull it off. it's not like it's their money or it effects the cap.

I would say no, and if Chud leaves, promote from within. Shula would be a a great OC, he knows Cam's strengths and weaknesses and could maximize his strengths and sharpen his weaknesses, just like he has been doing already. He already pushes Cam, and Cam responds well. Why would we have a new OC to come in and change things up, maybe he wants to put his own ideas of how to get Cam to the next level and it might not bode well. And if we overlooked Shula, he most likely would leave with Chud to be and OC under Chud for another team. If Chud wants to walk, let him. We have Shula next man up.

i'd also make sure that rivera was paid more just to keep things in their proper perspective as far as ranking goes and also as appreciation for making sure he had the best coaching staff possible.

not sure why anyone would argue or gripe about how much it cost to pull it off. it's not like it's their money or it effects the cap.

I figured that was a given. ;)

If Chud wants to leave to be a HC, I doubt a huge pay rise will make him stay.

To me a HC should always make more than the OC. If you want to give the OC a pay rise because of performance, fine but he should not be making more than the HC.

no. i'd give them both raises to keep them around.

and saying that chud is overrated around here.....meh. players seems to talk about him just as highly but whatever. huddle experts know all.

Chud is good. A lot of what we did last year was just Cam Newton....simple and plain. Letting Cam run out of the read option per Cam's request....is more Newton than Chud.

Also, Norv's son was the one who ripped off those trick plays from his daddy.

Hell no. What messege does that send to Rivera? Besides, Rivera is in charge of helping turn our defense around. Chud might be creative but eventually he'll make more at a HC job with a couple more years like last year. Cam has a lot to do with it but Chud is still responsible for successfully building a gameplan/offsense that revolves around Cam and could contend for a championship, which he was just about able to do his first year with no preparation. I feel like both should be thankful for one another. Mad scientist + Superman sounds pretty unstoppable.

Archived