• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pat Y: Best D in the NFC South

NanceUSMC

I don't see what is so outlandish about it. We easily have the most talent on defense in the division.

Our issue is, for as good as our good players on defense are (Top 10 DE in Johnson, Top 3 MLB in Beason, Potential Pro Bowler in Kuechly, Pro Bowl Caliber in Anderson, Top 10 CB in Gamble, Solid DT in Edwards when healthy), our bad players are even worse (LOL Capt, Martin, Godfrey is wildly inconsistent, McClain/Fua). It'll all depend on the #2 corner and how our safeties perform.

I don't see what is so outlandish about it. We easily have the most talent on defense in the division.

Our issue is, for as good as our good players on defense are (Top 10 DE in Johnson, Top 3 MLB in Beason, Potential Pro Bowler in Kuechly, Pro Bowl Caliber in Anderson, Top 10 CB in Gamble, Solid DT in Edwards when healthy), our bad players are even worse (LOL Capt, Martin, Godfrey is wildly inconsistent, McClain/Fua). It'll all depend on the #2 corner and how our safeties perform.

In another article they talk about Beason's communication level over Dan Connor. Dan was a good player but a poor communicator. I think you will see the talent in the secondary will be improved just by the return of Beason. Add the new talent and our defense will be #1 in the division and top 10 in the NFL.

Our issue is, forIt'll all depend on the #2 corner and how our safeties perform.

Hopefully the FAs and draftees they brought in will help boost the competition (and it will). So whoever wins those jobs deserve and earned them.

It is a part of Beasts' game that seems to get the least attention. Communication. Especially with a young D. Getting players lined up properly, and where to go, has to be a huge difference maker. As far as Anderson came in this regard, he is just not as vocal as Beast. Our leader is back. That is HUGE.

I dont see it as a stretch at all - last year we went from the worst offense in the NFL to the 5 th most powerful - its not hard to imagine us easly being the best defense in the NFC south

We didn't get a player like cam on defense that will completely change the way we see them as a unit.

I think our defense will be MUCH improved. We have a nasty lb corp (the center of a Rivera defense).

Rivera has had top D's everywhere he has coached. He quickly made the no star Chargers D into the best in the league.

I think we will be very surprised and pleased at how this unit will play.

Archived