• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TD is back, but should we let him play in the preseason?

L-TownCat

Regardless of your philosiphical views, the man is sadly headed in a bad direction.

Getting re-injured or getting re-injured.

I don't think anyone is realistically expecting him to stay healthy for more than a game or two.

I believe that is the point I made a few posts ago.

By all accounts, since he hit the field he has been running around like a kid trying to make the team. Missed a sack, then got in on the tackle. On the same play. So you folks don't mind if I take the HE'S BACK approach. He is our most athletic, and fastest LB. If he is back, let the mfer play.

Until he is actually done. I am taking the approach that he is a member of this team. And that only helps us.

like CRA said. Either he can play on his knee, or he cannot.

And if he can't, we may as well find out now. I don't understand all this "meaningless game" crap. If nothing else, we need to winnow out the wheat from the chaff...and, unfortunately, TD is tops on the list (imo) to see if all parties involved are just fooling ourselves regarding his injury and the ability to play football. If he is physically ready to play, let's see what he has.

Good luck to him. I wish him nothing but the best.

Me too Ivan.

Fear and regret. One is of the future, one is of the past.

Neither should effect Davis.

Don't live your past twice in regret and don't live your future twice in fear, it is a waste of energy.

Make a decision and bull ahead.

TD's future will be TD's future and there is nothing he or we can do about it.

I, for one, will be pulling for him like he was a family member.

I say we play him the first quarter, then he comes in on situational downs (sparingly, of course) as long as the starting D is out there. Ease him in. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. If he gets hurt in the preseason, it really isn't a loss since we know Kuechly and Anderson can ball for days.

Archived