• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else thinks Chud is trying too hard cause he wants a hc job?

ReadyorNot

I truly believe this guy is an egomaniac and thinks he can put in any offense and it will work, or that he will revolutionize the NFL offense as we know it so he can add it to his resume. He's got his head too far up his ass and he's ruining Cam's development in the process, and he's wasting a dangerous backfield.

Our offense should be based around what we can do with our backfield....

Even with that being said...DWill looks old and worn down now...not sure why we haven't been starting Stewart by now and sprinkling in a little bowling ball action w Tolbert...

Good way to form an identity and take pressure off Cam

I agree with the OP. After watching the Bucs game, I suspected that Chud's overly "cute" gameplan was a result of his being ticked off about not getting a head coaching job after his breakout year in 2011. So he decided to show the league how much smarter he was than everyone else by designing an offense that no one else was doing. I imagine in his mind, no one else was doing it because no on else was smart enough to design it, but in reality, I suspect no one else designed it because it's unlikely to work consistently against solid NFL defenses.

i dunno what chud is trying to do, its getting ridiculous.

and how is rivera allowing this crap to continue... i thought he was an old school, smash mouth kind of guy. yet he allows chud to run our offense like we're in the fuging SEC. really losing faith in this staff

I have no idea why people assume through play selection that somebody is an arrogant jackass looking to stick it to everybody else doubting their genius.

Fair enough. I give myself permission to be a bit more irrational than usual when it comes to my Panthers hobby. But it is true that ego is prominent in professional sports (for good reason), and that professional rejections by one's peers tend to hurt egos. And then there's the question as to why someone (whose ego was likely hurt) would revamp a darn good offense? One not too irrational answer, on my view, is that he's trying to prove just how smart he is.

I don't think it has anything at all to do with him wanting an HC job.

I think he saw how well the option plays worked last year when we ran them as a tool in a our offense and thought they would work just as well as our primary offense. Basically I think he recognized the need to evolve in this league but did it in the wrong way.

I also don't think we're going to see any major schematic changes in the offense mid-season, whether he's got an ego or not, because installing a different offense in the middle of the season would be terrible. The best chance we have to see schematic changes is during the bye week...minor ones. And we might. But don't count on it.

Archived