• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So is this the dagger in the Rivera era?

the defense has given us a chance to win the last 3 games....funny how that imposter chud could have easily been a head coach this year....i swear i'll call a better game in madden than chud

starting to think that our playbook is 6 pages....we are that blitz arcade game or madden in family mode

cam has a long way to go with his accuracy and decision making...i'd start DA for a couple of games to see if Cam can step aside and improve his game if we wanna salvage this season, the honeymoon is over

I was going to call you a fuging moron, but then I saw your user name. Judging by where you're from, that's obvious.

I think Cam is limited as a pro QB and the Panthers have done a great job by dumbing down the game but other clubs are figuring us out.

Fact is, you aren't going to find many GREAT GMs who are going to watch to take the Panthers job. Sorry, but a great GM is going to want full control and will want to clean house and start over with a new coach, new coordinators, new QB.

I think Richardson has too much invested in Cam to do that, so what that means is... Hurney will return and Rivera will return. Somebody will have to pay for this season, so expect a new coordinator or two but if Hurney goes, Rivera goes and Cam has to be questioned, so don't expect big changes like that.

How do you see JR having to much invested into Cam. Cam has a rookie contract worth about 21 million. While we have Jimmy Clausen sitting on the bench with a 25 million$ contract. So in reality Jimmy getting more then Cam and he is sitting on the bench. It ain't like Cam has a Vick or Manning type contract. So I think if this team had to. The could let Cam go and go after another QB. But I don't see that happening tho. Just sayin.

So just abandon the run game altogether?

abandon the read option.

time to establish an identity with a different scheme...probably wont happen until people get fired though..for whatever reason our staff believes in this type of football

Franchise Tag

Ask Hurney how well that frachise tag worked out when he tried to play hard ball with J. Peppers.

First year Peppers broke the Panthers piggy bank to a tune of a cool mil a game.

Second year of the franchise tag? There wasn't one, Panthers could no longer afford to play that game.

Result: Peppers left for the Bears with no compensation for the Panthers.

If Hurney is smart, he will think twice before trying that move again.

Question: If you were as gifted as Cam, would you want to watch your chance at winning the Super Bowl wither and die playing for a poorly run organization or would you do everything in you power to leave at the first opportunity?

New coach typically gets 3 years.............sigh.............that seat has to be warming up though

Depending. Look at George Seifert when he was our HC. Seifert went went like 7-9 in his first year. Then in his second season he went 1-15 and then he was fired. I have a strong feeling if Ron goes 1-15, 2-14, or ever 3-13. Then he might be getting fired at the end of the season. If JR did it to Seifert then it can happen to Ron as well. It will be a wait and see thing right now.

Except Chud should be fired too.

Exactly! I think this teams results warrant an in season firing of the head coach but who would you replace him with. Chud and his horrible offense or McDermott and his mediocre defense. I think we just have to grin and bear it and hopefully clean house at the end of the season.

Depending. Look at George Seifert when he was our HC. Seifert went went like 7-9 in his first year. Then in his second season he went 1-15 and then he was fired. I have a strong feeling if Ron goes 1-15, 2-14, or ever 3-13. Then he might be getting fired at the end of the season. If JR did it to Seifert then it can happen to Ron as well. It will be a wait and see thing right now.

uh... dude... seifert was here for 3 years

How do you see JR having to much invested into Cam. Cam has a rookie contract worth about 21 million. While we have Jimmy Clausen sitting on the bench with a 25 million$ contract. So in reality Jimmy getting more then Cam and he is sitting on the bench. It ain't like Cam has a Vick or Manning type contract. So I think if this team had to. The could let Cam go and go after another QB. But I don't see that happening tho. Just sayin.

Clausen is not paid 25 million dollars, lmao. Clausen has a 4 year 4.2 million dollar contract. Cam has a 22 million 4 year contract in which ALL is guranteed.

We could go 1-15 and keep him. Our owner is more interested in saving money than building a winning football team.

You keep saying he is so cheap which is wrong. Tampa bay is cheap.We are on the high end of our cap so tell me how that is cheap? Bad personal decisions yes....but cheap is not the reason we are struggling.

I surely hope so....I was very happy to see Fox gone....I regret it now,...never thought I would ever say that

I was for Rivera at first but he has never showed me anything and only gotten worse over time.

Archived